Patient Comments: Atrial Fibrillation - Procedures

Describe the procedures you've had to treat atrial fibrillation.

Comment from: HondaDoug, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 08

In April of last year, I had an atrial fibrillation episode, where I passed out. My neighbor took me to the emergency room. One hour later I was on the way to the hospital. Two days later I had a pacemaker installed. Since that time, the heart doctor has taken me off all related medications and the pacemaker is doing its job. I still have a problem with shortness of breath, but that is because of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).

Comment from: Brown, 45-54 Male Published: April 03

I had ablation done 10 years ago and never had a problem since. The past couple of weeks, my heart has been rapidly beating but I still feel OK. I'm just wondering what's going on and if there is a possibility that my spare pathway has grown back together.

Atrial Fibrillation - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your atrial fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your atrial fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Complications Question: Describe the complications you've experienced with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation - Medications Question: What medications have you taken to treat atrial fibrillation?