Patient Comments: Atrial Fibrillation - Medications

What medications have you taken to treat atrial fibrillation?

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I am a 55 year old female. In late 2012 my heart was racing and I felt funny, blood pressure was 199/110 and heart rate 140. I ended up going to the emergency room and after a few hours I was released with tachycardia. There was no follow up. Last week I felt the same way. Blood pressure at home was 179/113 HR 131, in hospital up to 160 for 9 hours. Next morning sinus rhythm with medications (not sure what) with hospital stay of 3 days with atrial fibrillation. I was placed on a whole full strength aspirin daily and metoprolol 25mg twice daily. I am still feeling heavy chested as I would call it. Follow up with cardiologist is on Friday. I am worried I will get another attack.

Comment from: PPH, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I've had three cardioversion procedures. I have been on Tambocor and digoxin for about three years. Since being on these drugs, I have not experienced atrial fibrillation. I do have the odd palpitation. My GP thinks I could have gone into AF originally due to the wrong dose of thyroxine, but my cardiologist thinks this is unlikely. I am still taking thyroxine for an underactive thyroid.

Atrial Fibrillation - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your atrial fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your atrial fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Complications Question: Describe the complications you've experienced with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation - Procedures Question: Describe the procedures you've had to treat atrial fibrillation.