Patient Comments: Atopic Dermatitis - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your atopic dermatitis?

Comment from: Lisa, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 20

My daughter has been sick since she was 6 months old. She is now 5. We've seen many dermatologists, even changed our living environment, and our diet--but nothing has changed with her condition. Her skin gets dry and itchy, becomes hard and gray, and even peels. It develops blisters on her joints, smells and she gets ear infections. I worry about my child's well-being and am concerned that she might end up with hearing problems. She is in kindergarten but the teachers say she can't do anything because she scratches all the time. Please help.

Comment from: marion, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 15

Hello my son is 14 and he has been having problems with atopic dermatitis since he was around 3 months old. More recently he has been having a reaction in his genital area. We have seen a skin specialist and found out things that he is allergic too. He was given a treatment plan but there seems to be just no end to the pain and suffering that he goes through. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated or if anyone else out there has suffered in the same way we would appreciate any advise. Thank you.

Comment from: 45-54 Female Published: May 12

I am 50 and have suffered now 2 yrs with Atopic Dermatitis, but looked like urticaria, after appointments with specialists, cortisone creams, and pills I developed Mauno, my immune system was depleted. I boosted my immune system and had a water softener put in my home along with reverse ozmosis to wash my face. I also changed my diet, pretty much gluten free, no sugar, no soy, added Almond milk instead, coconut oil, and now feel great and my skin has cleared up 90%, I still itch hear and there and have flare-ups but seem to be more around my eyes and neck...not sure why so I decided also to check my thyroid...I still work out everyday and get my B12 shot regularly along with pro-biotics, P`Au Darco tea (fungal), etc...and it seems to be working.

Comment from: LeeBee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had allergies most of my young adult life and only in the last 3 years have I suffered with Atopic Dermatitis. I have found that a cream called Ionic colloidal silver has been extremly helpful. Factors I know that affect my internal system is sugar, which is extremly diffcult for me to give up, but have seen the flair ups that it creates.

Atopic Dermatitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with atopic dermatitis.