Patient Comments: Atopic Dermatitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with atopic dermatitis.

Comment from: John T, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I am sixty-eight years old and every winter, it seems, I have a flare up of dermatitis and jock itch. I live in the north east and while we use a humidifier the air is too dry and the skin rashes return. I know my Dad had a similar condition, and I have heard that certain medications such as beta blockers may contribute to this ailment. After some research, I have changed to a milder soap, lowered the temperature of my shower water, and I am using more lubricants. Hopefully, with the return of warmer weather, I can get some sun and reduce this ailment.

Comment from: tourettes girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I have been diagnosed with dermatitis in the ear. It is so annoying! Right now I am using Dermotic Oil but it is still itchy.

Comment from: Xiomara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

My atopic Dermatitis started when I was pregnant. I have never had a skin condition. The doctors that I saw has Dermatitis Nummular. I had it in my legs, elbow and breast, right now I just have the spots since I came to the United States. I really don't know if it was the weather in Puerto Rico or what exactly. I just want to know how or what can I use to remove the spot especially on my legs.

Comment from: lilha80, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I had a hip replacement on May 7 th. Now, after almost 3 months the incision is reddened and intensely itching. The doctor gave me a prescription for mupirocin, but even though it seemed to help for the first 2 applications the itching was now widespread around the incision and a rash began, so I had to discontinue it.

Published: July 28

I am in my early sixties and have been having problems with skin irritations. I went to the emergency room at one time with contact dermatitis, which cleared up. Then I began to have fever blisters or cold sores on different areas of my face; top lip, bottom lip, nose and now my eye. I do have dry skin during the summer months and I also have hypothyroidism.

Atopic Dermatitis - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your atopic dermatitis?