Patient Comments: Athlete's Foot - Treatment

What was the cure for your athlete's foot?

Comment from: Lisa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

After about 40 years of having a bad case of moccasin foot fungus and trying everything over the counter for athlete's foot, I finally tried Dr. Blaine's Tineacide antifungal cream and the tough dry calluses are almost gone, and the nails are doing great. The treatment says 2 times per day for 4 week and then once a week for maintenance. I got the cream for about 14 dollars at Walmart. Please try this.

Comment from: Celia, Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I am fighting with this problem of athlete's foot since I was 12 years old, it makes me sick. Every time I go to a public swimming pool or take a shower in my dance center I can be sure to get a new fungus! Now I found something that seems to support the cure. Well, of course I use the typical clotrimazole cream my doctor prescribes, but I am now also using shoe inserts of cedar wood to support the curing process and I am well surprised! I have dry feet using them and seems like they have a natural antibacterial effect (I read a bit about it) so it's a good thing I think! Hope I could help!

Comment from: roy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 28

The cure for my athlete's foot was 91 percent isopropyl alcohol 32 oz. and Equate povidone-iodine 8 oz. (or the more expensive Betadine). I bought a foot shaped Rubbermaid take along and mixed both bottles and soaked each foot for 1/2 hour every day. (Sometimes I microwave the solution for 30 seconds in the microwave to take the chill off.) The sores between my toes disappeared in a week. Now I just do maintenance once a week or whenever I feel something down there.

Comment from: Fundementals, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 15

I have a small amount of athlete's foot infection between my 4th and 5th toe on my left foot. I tried Lamisil as instructed using it over a week and then stopping. My infection returned a week later. With my foot itching and no Lamisil with me, I tried using Peroxyl mouthwash, putting a finger under my toes to form a bowl and pouring the liquid into the gap. Peroxyl is a 1 percent hydrogen peroxide solution, it is used for disinfecting wounds. Works a treat, two days/applications later the angry red area has gone. Interestingly, during the second application, the peroxide bubbled less, suggesting something in the fungus was being consumed by it. I am not affiliated with Colgate the manufacturers, just glad to have found a way to get rid of it.

Comment from: IvoryCat, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: October 19

I petted a familiar stray cat around my park on Saturday, and it sunk its claws deep in my forearm, and I am now experiencing sweats, chills, intense fatigue, malaise and nausea. Although it is not as severe as it was on Monday, it is still miserable. It says if the person has a strong immune system it just has to run its course. Not much you can do. Doctor can do a culture because it is even hard to diagnose and won't show in a culture for 3 to 6 weeks and by that time it will probably be gone. It affects the lymph nodes too. I haven't slept since Saturday night, my eyes are swollen and red, and I feel like a confused zombie. I hope it goes soon! Don't pet stray cats!

Comment from: colleen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

While this did not cure the athlete's foot, I was able to peel a great deal of it off by soaking my feet overnight with peroxide. I put the peroxide in a bag and put old socks over the bag.

Comment from: brooklyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I bought extra strength Zincofax and used for athlete's foot. It peeled the skin off in a few days and the itch and blistering went away.

Athlete's Foot - Symptoms Question: How long did the symptoms of your athlete's foot last? Was there anything that helped with symptom relief?
Athlete's Foot - Causes Question: What caused your athlete's foot?