Patient Comments: Asthma in Children - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your child's asthma?

Comment from: ARunau, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 30

I took my 11 yr old son to the doctor the other day for the following symptoms: low grade fever, cough, sore throat, running nose. The nurse practitioner's exam consisted of listening to his chest and nothing else. No questions ie: is it a productive cough, what color is his mucus, how long has he had a fever etc. Next thing I know she is giving him a "breathing treatment" and telling me that I will learn that his allergies and asthma go hand in hand.

Comment from: Proudmommy, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 14

My son was 4 years old and he would cough at night. The doctors said it was just allergies. A couple of months after visiting the doctor he starting wheezing badly and was short of breath. I took him to the ER because he was having an asthma attack.

Comment from: g, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 06

The only symptoms of my daughter's asthma was coughing. The last two winters every time she'd get a cold her cough would last 3 or 4 weeks. This year she started school and it seemed like her cough never went away. After 5 months they finally diagnosed her with asthma.

Comment from: faroq yakubu, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

My child is 11 years old and has been placed on ventoline tablet at the hospital but recently I have noticed that my visit to the hospital has been constant. Twice in a week, and his health is reducing drastically.

Asthma in Children - Treatment Question: What treatment is your child with asthma receiving?