Please Note: This Drug has been discontinued.
GENERIC NAME: astemizole
BRAND NAME: Hismanal
IMPORTANT NEWS ALERT - Astemizole (Hismanal) has been removed from the market because of concerns about serious rhythm disturbances of the heart when astemizole is taken with other medications that raise the level of astemizole in the blood.
Reference: FDA Prescribing Information
Last Editorial Review: 12/31/1997
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions