Patient Comments: Aseptic Necrosis - Cause

What do you think was the cause of your aseptic necrosis?

Comment from: Artlover70, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

My necrosis was caused by prednisone, a necessity for my kidney transplant eight years ago. I have had one hip replaced and have spider fractures in the other and both knees.

Comment from: 2young4this, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I have avascular necrosis (AVN) of the femur, probably the result of a nearly 18 month run of small intestine bacterial overgrowth.

Comment from: sheepmanswife, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

My aseptic necrosis was caused after I had a botched dental extraction. I finally saw the oral surgeon and he was shocked at the condition of my mouth. I have never had this much pain before. It is constant and unrelenting! New stitches have to be in for at least 4 weeks.

Comment from: ANN, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

My aseptic necrosis was due to steroids prednisolone.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

My aseptic necrosis was due to thrombocytopenia.

Aseptic Necrosis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with aseptic necrosis?
Aseptic Necrosis - Risk Factors Question: Did or do you have risk factors for developing aseptic necrosis? Please share your concerns.
Aseptic Necrosis - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment did you have for aseptic necrosis?