Patient Comments: Arthroscopy - Experience

Question:For what condition(s) did you seek arthroscopy?

Comment from: JLO, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I had arthroscopic knee surgery June 29th 2012. Its just about 4 weeks now. I am still having pain.. The doctor cleaned up the debris, fixed a torn meniscus, also did something to the plica band. I had a total replacement 2 years ago,that was a breeze to this surgery. After that surgery I was walking great in 3 weeks.. I just want to know if this is normal. This pain is so different from the previous surgery.. Has anyone experienced this?

Comment from: trev, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

I had arthroscopy on both knees four months ago. The first few weeks were great but as time has progressed there seems little improvement in knee pain or use. I have recently been put back on Celebrex, and anti-inflammatories but don't wish to continue on this medication indefinably although it really is helping. I feel looseness in the joint and my knee feels less stable. Hopefully maybe time is all that is required for my knees to get used to change.

Arthroscopy - Recovery Question: How long was your recovery of your knee arthroscopy procedure?