Patient Comments: Arthritis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your arthritis?

Comment from: patty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I'd like to know if pain in my fingers, the joint near the nail is caused by arthritis or overuse syndrome from typing over 25 years! I do have pain in my shoulder joints and stretching helps and am on Glucosamine Chondroitin and hopefully over the next several weeks I will be able to feel some improvement.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I am 60 years old, overweight (ugh) but working on that with mild exercise and diet. My doctor prescribed Celebrex over a year ago and it has helped tremendously. I use cold/heat therapy on my right knee and have regular therapeutic massages. I also spend time about 3X a week in a heated pool, then in the sauna for 1/2 hour. Together, these things seem to help a great deal.

Arthritis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with arthritis?
Arthritis - Diet and Fish Oil Question: Do you follow a special diet for arthritis? Does it involve fish oils? Please discuss your diet.