Patient Comments: Arthritis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with arthritis?

Comment from: Charlotte, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I have not had it diagnosed yet. I'm seeing my GP today, having had an X-Ray yesterday. The pain is in my hip and my GP is quite sure it's arthritis. On the subject of symptoms, it sounds strange but the best way to describe how it feels is it's as though one leg is shorter than the other.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I get a stiff neck, wrists, stiff fingers an awful feeling in my arms that goes to my chest like heartburn this usually makes me vomit, after about an hour the symptoms go away.

Comment from: myneck521, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I had a dislocated elbow at age five but didn't start hurting until I was in the Navy and fell on it. At that time doctors in navy said I had arthritis after I fell on it. I never had problems with my elbow all my life until I fell on it.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 26

I have started to notice clicking of my index finger (used for typing mouse clicking) and hand pain generally.

Arthritis - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your arthritis?
Arthritis - Diet and Fish Oil Question: Do you follow a special diet for arthritis? Does it involve fish oils? Please discuss your diet.