Patient Comments: Arthritis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with arthritis?

Comment from: Olivia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

My arthritis causes swelling of the ankles and pain down all one side of my body daily. Also stiffness in movement.

Comment from: poki, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 29

I am 50 years old and have just discovered that I have arthritis from the presenting signs and symptoms of stiff joints and limited movements. I do not have pains feelings but muscles get stiff and feels tired and weak with impaired circulation especially during long periods of rest. My back is also getting stiff and I use pillows for back support that allows alignment and reduce stiffness.

Comment from: phani, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 12

I have been suffering since 4 years, I use to take Diclogesic 50mg every day to get relief from the joint pains. I am not able to carry a pot of water now. I mean I am avoiding lifting the loads. Lifting of the weight is reflecting in the joints, getting swelling of the joints and unbearable pain. Now I have stopped taking the tablet, doing regular exercise. Whenever get swelling, I wrap sprain bandage to control the swelling and to get relieved from the pain.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: July 11

My doctor's x-rays show arthritis in my right hip and lower back. The pain was mostly in my right thigh. I have been limping for at least 2 years and should have gone back to a different orthopedic doctor who might have helped me a long time ago. Just got a cortisone shot in my right hip and can actually use both legs once again. Just hope it lasts a long time.

Comment from: gayathri, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 03

With arthritis I have joint pain as well as knee pain.

Comment from: osman(mauritius), 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 18

I am a 59 years doing executive and field work. I do my own driving-I suffered severe pain in right knee and right elbow and right hand. I could not walk and hold objects with my right hand. My doctor put me on simultaneous Feldene 20 mg and Dexawal 4mg injection for five days. After the first set of injections I started walking (LIMPING) after 12 hours.

Comment from: Charlotte, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I have not had it diagnosed yet. I'm seeing my GP today, having had an X-Ray yesterday. The pain is in my hip and my GP is quite sure it's arthritis. On the subject of symptoms, it sounds strange but the best way to describe how it feels is it's as though one leg is shorter than the other.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I get a stiff neck, wrists, stiff fingers an awful feeling in my arms that goes to my chest like heartburn this usually makes me vomit, after about an hour the symptoms go away.

Comment from: myneck521, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I had a dislocated elbow at age five but didn't start hurting until I was in the Navy and fell on it. At that time doctors in navy said I had arthritis after I fell on it. I never had problems with my elbow all my life until I fell on it.

Arthritis - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your arthritis?
Arthritis - Diet and Fish Oil Question: Do you follow a special diet for arthritis? Does it involve fish oils? Please discuss your diet.