- Rheumatoid Arthritis Slideshow Pictures
- Joint-Friendly Exercises Slideshow Pictures
- Take the RA Quiz
- Patient Comments: Arthritis - Effective Treatments
- Patient Comments: Arthritis - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Arthritis - Diet and Fish Oil
- Find a local Rheumatologist in your town
- Arthritis facts
- What is arthritis? What causes arthritis?
- What are risk factors for arthritis?
- What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
- Who is affected by arthritis?
- How is arthritis diagnosed, and why is a diagnosis important?
- What is the treatment for arthritis?
- Is there an arthritis diet?
- What are the prognosis (outlook) for arthritis, and what are arthritis complications?
- Can arthritis be prevented?
- What is a rheumatologist?
- What is the Arthritis Foundation?
Quick GuideRheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Pictures Slideshow
What is the Arthritis Foundation?
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national voluntary health organization whose purpose is directed solely to all forms of arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation has national and international programs involving support for scientific research, public information and education for affected patients and their families, training of specialists, public awareness, and local community assistance.
Local branch chapters of the Arthritis Foundation serve to disseminate information about arthritis and rheumatic diseases, as well as function as referral centers. Moreover, many of the various forms of arthritis have their own foundations that serve as information and referral resources for local communities.
It is the ultimate goal of scientific arthritis research that optimal treatment programs are designed for each of the many form of arthritis. This field will continue to evolve as improvements develop in the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and related conditions.
"Arthritis Prevalence: A Nation in Pain." Arthritis Foundation. <http://www.arthritis.org>.
Klippel, J.H., et al. Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases. New York: Springer, 2008.