Arteriovenous Malformation Index
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is characterized by a complex, tangled web of abnormal arteries and veins connected by one or more fistulas (abnormal communications). Symptoms of arteriovenous malformations include seizures and headaches. Treatment of arteriovenous malformations include medication or surgery.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
In This Article
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters) Article
- Pregnancy definition and facts*
- How many weeks is a normal term pregnancy?
- What is the first trimester of pregnancy (week 1-week 12)?
- What is the second trimester of pregnancy (week 13-week 28)?
- What is the third trimester trimester of pregnancy (week 29-week 40)?
- How will my baby develop week by week?
- What are the changes that happen to a woman's body during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimester of her pregnancy?
- Body aches
- Breast changes
- Fatigue, sleep problems
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Hemorrhoids during pregnancy
- Leg cramps
- Morning sickness
- Nasal problems
- Numb or tingling hands
- Stretch marks, skin changes
- Urinary frequency and leaking
- Varicose veins
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...learn more »
In This Article
- Headache definition and facts
- What is a headache?
- How are headaches classified?
- What are primary headaches?
- What are secondary headaches?
- What are cranial neuralgias, facial pain, and other headaches?
- 17 types of headaches
- What causes headaches?
- What causes tension headaches?
- What are the
signs and symptoms of tension headaches?
- How are tension headaches diagnosed?
- How are tension headaches treated?
- What causes cluster headaches?
- What are the symptoms of cluster headaches?
- How are cluster headaches diagnosed?
- How are cluster headaches treated?
- Can cluster headaches be prevented?
- What diseases cause secondary headaches?
- How are secondary headaches diagnosed?
- What are the exams and tests for secondary headaches?
- When should I seek medical care for a headache?
- How do you get rid of a headache? Are home remedies effective for headaches?
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...learn more »
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...learn more »
In This Article
- Stroke definition and facts
- What is a stroke?
- What is the NIH Stroke Scale?
- What are the risk factors for stroke?
- What are the warning signs and symptoms of a stroke?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a stroke?
- What is a transient ischemic attack (TIA)?
- What are the types of stroke?
- What causes a stroke?
- What tests diagnose stroke?
- What is the treatment for stroke?
- Is recovery after a stroke possible?
- What is stroke rehabilitation?
- What is the prognosis for a person that suffers a stroke?
- Which specialties of doctors treat stroke?
- Can strokes be prevented?