Patient Comments: Arsenic Poisoning - Foods

Do you drink apple juice or eat rice on a consistent basis? Are you concerned about the amount of arsenic in these products?

Comment from: Rice eater, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

Yes, I'm very concerned about arsenic in rice and the many rice products gluten intolerant people and people with celiac disease eat. We can't eat wheat, rye, or barley, so our baked goods are made with either rice or bean flour. Some of us get digestive issues with bean flour, so we eat the rice flours. I hope the baking industry is looking for a way to make flour without beans or rice. In the meantime, I'm going to talk to my doctor about being tested for arsenic levels.

Arsenic Poisoning - Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms of arsenic poisoning in a case with which you are familiar.
Arsenic Poisoning - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of arsenic poisoning.
Arsenic Poisoning - Treatment Question: Do you know someone who was treated for arsenic poisoning? Please describe the experience.