Patient Comments: Arsenic Poisoning - Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms of arsenic poisoning in a case with which you are familiar.

Comment from: B l Wilson, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 19

I had pins and needles in finger tips and feet, and vomiting (blue purple color), maybe because arsenic was mixed with a different poison. I also had cramping, fatigue, depression, high blood pressure and I had to go to the emergency room! I also have hangnails, I bruise easily, my heart is racing and I have hair loss!

Comment from: felicitas, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I have been chronically ill for six months. I have had night sweats, felt sick to my stomach, severe abdominal pain, fever, hypertension, low potassium levels, headaches, problems with bowel movements, itchy skin, hives, lower urinary tract infections, and palpitations. I have been hospitalized at least 30 times and even my doctors can't seem to figure out what is happening to me. I wonder if it could be arsenic poisoning.

Comment from: Roxy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I rented a chair in a salon from a woman with antisocial personality disorder, who I believe was putting arsenic in my lunch. I would leave it in the refrigerator at work. There were no mice or rats – only this big thing of arsenic under the sink next to the refrigerator. After lunch, I experienced vomiting, the runs, vertigo, sweats, etc. I gave notice after someone put acid in my facial toner. I went to the doctor because one tiny zit swelled up the size of a ping pong ball, opened up and bled, (and has scarred me for life). The doctor told me that the police wouldn't do anything because there were no witnesses and to basically get out of there as fast as I can. I gave notice and left.

Arsenic Poisoning - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of arsenic poisoning.
Arsenic Poisoning - Treatment Question: Do you know someone who was treated for arsenic poisoning? Please describe the experience.
Arsenic Poisoning - Foods Question: Do you drink apple juice or eat rice on a consistent basis? Are you concerned about the amount of arsenic in these products?