Patient Comments: Arsenic Poisoning - Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms of arsenic poisoning in a case with which you are familiar.

Comment from: Roxy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I rented a chair in a salon from a woman with antisocial personality disorder, who I believe was putting arsenic in my lunch. I would leave it in the refrigerator at work. There were no mice or rats – only this big thing of arsenic under the sink next to the refrigerator. After lunch, I experienced vomiting, the runs, vertigo, sweats, etc. I gave notice after someone put acid in my facial toner. I went to the doctor because one tiny zit swelled up the size of a ping pong ball, opened up and bled, (and has scarred me for life). The doctor told me that the police wouldn't do anything because there were no witnesses and to basically get out of there as fast as I can. I gave notice and left.

Arsenic Poisoning - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of arsenic poisoning.
Arsenic Poisoning - Treatment Question: Do you know someone who was treated for arsenic poisoning? Please describe the experience.
Arsenic Poisoning - Foods Question: Do you drink apple juice or eat rice on a consistent basis? Are you concerned about the amount of arsenic in these products?