Patient Comments: Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Symptoms Experienced

For arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Published: June 09

I experience hundreds of these 'skipped beats' daily. Sometimes I feel 'woosy', and I have virtually no energy. The effect may last several minutes, an hour, or even more.

Published: June 06

My daughter had the sensation her heart was skipping beats all day long. The doctor fit her with a heart monitor and found that it was doing this 1,356 time a day. The doctor said most of the time the results are about 50 times a day. So hers is considerably more.

Published: June 05

Noticeable heartbeat; almost lose breath for a second; anxiety; slight dizziness.

Published: June 03

I have been having a lot of skipped heart beats and fluttering and sometimes it does feel like the bottom of my heart is falling. It scares me to death. It has been doing it quit a bit at night when I lay down. I am scared to go to sleep. When I am dozing off to sleep my heart skips beats or flutters and I cant sleep because I am to afraid of dying.

Published: May 27

My arrhythmia has come and gone at different times in my life. It never lasted only a few minutes and then was gone for months. Only re-occurring once in a while. Now about a month ago I have started with almost a constant arrhythmia. l I notice that my best time in the day is in the morning and early afternoon, more or less 8 to 2:00PM I am taking 25 mgs. Metoprolol and today my Dr. upped it to 25mgs. every 12 hrs. I do not have high blood pressure and most of the time my pressure is normal or tends to be low if anything. Thank you

Published: May 27

I had extremely slow or skipped heartbeats and it feels as if my heart stops beating.

Comment from: Jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

My arrhythmia symptoms are skipped heartbeats every minute. They have been going on for several weeks. I feel light-headed and dizzy. No one seems too worried because my heartbeat is regular otherwise. However, I am feeling extremely tired all the time and am worried I might pass out one of these times.

Comment from: Amie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I have had a lot of weird heartbeats that just don't seem to have a rhythm and they beat really hard but it is more like twitching it only lasts a couple seconds but it's scary. I also experience weakness and dizziness and almost at times feel like I'm going to faint.

Comment from: niedles8, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I feel my heart beat irregularly, like it's bouncing around in my chest (no pain) and sometimes I feel like I have to breathe more deeply. I don't feel my regular energy. Then it goes away as quickly as it comes and I can do everything I normally do. I exercise and do a lot of things every day, but when I sit down to rest I feel it and it is unnerving. It happens more when I'm tired and seems related to feminine cycles. I'm 47 years old.

Comment from: BD, 45-54 Male Published: August 29

I have had fluctuating heart beats for some years, but the symptoms are slowly changing. What first started with wild swings and lots of missed beats has settled down to a steady irregularity. Most times, it happens when I'm in a relaxed state and not physically active, such as when I'm driving a car. The onset brings about a feeling of butterflies in the chest. When I'm active and my heart rate is up, it does not seem to be a problem. The monitor on a day of high activity did not show any problems at all.

Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Treatments Question: How was your arrhythmia treated?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Types Question: What type of arrhythmia do you have?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your arrhythmia?