Patient Comments: Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Symptoms Experienced

For arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Published: May 27

I had extremely slow or skipped heartbeats and it feels as if my heart stops beating.

Comment from: Jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

My arrhythmia symptoms are skipped heartbeats every minute. They have been going on for several weeks. I feel light-headed and dizzy. No one seems too worried because my heartbeat is regular otherwise. However, I am feeling extremely tired all the time and am worried I might pass out one of these times.

Comment from: Amie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I have had a lot of weird heartbeats that just don't seem to have a rhythm and they beat really hard but it is more like twitching it only lasts a couple seconds but it's scary. I also experience weakness and dizziness and almost at times feel like I'm going to faint.

Comment from: niedles8, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I feel my heart beat irregularly, like it's bouncing around in my chest (no pain) and sometimes I feel like I have to breathe more deeply. I don't feel my regular energy. Then it goes away as quickly as it comes and I can do everything I normally do. I exercise and do a lot of things every day, but when I sit down to rest I feel it and it is unnerving. It happens more when I'm tired and seems related to feminine cycles. I'm 47 years old.

Comment from: BD, 45-54 Male Published: August 29

I have had fluctuating heart beats for some years, but the symptoms are slowly changing. What first started with wild swings and lots of missed beats has settled down to a steady irregularity. Most times, it happens when I'm in a relaxed state and not physically active, such as when I'm driving a car. The onset brings about a feeling of butterflies in the chest. When I'm active and my heart rate is up, it does not seem to be a problem. The monitor on a day of high activity did not show any problems at all.

Comment from: Anna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

Since I was about 20, I have experienced some episodes of irregular heart beats. Nothing ever slowed me down until I started with pre-syncope episodes as I got older. They can be years apart, and EKGs, stress tests, cardiac monitors show nothing. I'm now 63 and had an episode with pre-syncope, rapid pulse, elevated blood pressure, sweats, mild nausea and ended up in another ER. I've been to the cardiologist today who did an EKG and another stress; both came back normal. He does feel it is an arrythmia problem, and I am going to wear a new monitor this time for a month. I'm hoping that a conclusive diagnosis can be made this time so that I can be treated or, if I'm lucky, just lie down and sleep after an episode because the fatigue is horrible. I'm not interested in repeat performances at the ER.

Comment from: Les Bruce, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylosis a couple of years ago, and was treated with embryol, which had a warning of possible heart problems as a side effect of taking the shots. Is it possible that this has caused me to develop a heart mummer or arrhythmia?

Published: July 22

I feel every symptom from irregular heart beats to slow heart beats to fast heart beats to skipped heart beats to feeling like my heart wants to stop beating. It causes me so much worry. I'm only 33 years old, and I have been dealing with this all my life. My dad also has the same symptoms and he is 61 years old.

Published: July 17

I experienced very strong fluttering in my chest. I could tell that my heart was not functioning correctly. I also felt a little woozy and like I needed to cough. Afterward, my heart pounds very hard for a few minutes and I feel weak. Lately, the episodes have lasted longer.

Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Treatments Question: How was your arrhythmia treated?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Types Question: What type of arrhythmia do you have?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your arrhythmia?