Patient Comments: Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Symptoms Experienced

For arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Published: July 22

I've changed to a healthier diet recently, which included eliminating coffee and colas. Three days ago, I had both a coffee and a cola, and since then, I've noticed an irregularity in my heartbeat throughout each day. Perhaps the sudden change in diet played a role. This is the second time in my life that I had what I considered a lasting irregular heartbeat.

Published: July 09

In the past I have had a few flutterings. The last 4 to 5 days it's been pretty constant. There is no pain, just a lot of pounding in my throat. So I take deep breaths and try to calm down. I am going to call my regular doctor tomorrow and see if I can get in. I don't want to start panicking, but I kind of find myself getting there. I haven't slept well lately and attributed that to stress in the family. I hope I make it through the night so I can find out what the problem is.

Published: June 24

Days go by without any symptoms then all it takes is one worry, fear of flying, and the beats become irregular. There is a gap in between beats and then a big gush of blood in a vein in my neck. It feels as if I am going to faint. I feel very weak and tired for a few days. I am taking sotalol 80mg twice a day for the last 14 years. Problems began with episode of atrial fibrillation in 1987.

Published: June 24

I get the every once in a while. They are irregular and then a big thump and it occurs every few months. I've passed stress test, EKG, cardiac cauterization. Doctors don't know why.

Published: June 18

At any given time during the day, I can feel my heart beat different. Sometimes the moment is longer than the one before. There is no pattern.

Published: June 09

I experience hundreds of these 'skipped beats' daily. Sometimes I feel 'woosy', and I have virtually no energy. The effect may last several minutes, an hour, or even more.

Published: June 06

My daughter had the sensation her heart was skipping beats all day long. The doctor fit her with a heart monitor and found that it was doing this 1,356 time a day. The doctor said most of the time the results are about 50 times a day. So hers is considerably more.

Published: June 05

Noticeable heartbeat; almost lose breath for a second; anxiety; slight dizziness.

Published: June 03

I have been having a lot of skipped heart beats and fluttering and sometimes it does feel like the bottom of my heart is falling. It scares me to death. It has been doing it quit a bit at night when I lay down. I am scared to go to sleep. When I am dozing off to sleep my heart skips beats or flutters and I cant sleep because I am to afraid of dying.

Published: May 27

My arrhythmia has come and gone at different times in my life. It never lasted only a few minutes and then was gone for months. Only re-occurring once in a while. Now about a month ago I have started with almost a constant arrhythmia. l I notice that my best time in the day is in the morning and early afternoon, more or less 8 to 2:00PM I am taking 25 mgs. Metoprolol and today my Dr. upped it to 25mgs. every 12 hrs. I do not have high blood pressure and most of the time my pressure is normal or tends to be low if anything. Thank you

Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Treatments Question: How was your arrhythmia treated?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Types Question: What type of arrhythmia do you have?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your arrhythmia?