Patient Comments: Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Treatments

How was your arrhythmia treated?

Comment from: Katerina, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

I got heart arrhythmia for the first time when I graduated with my Master's Degree at the age of 22. I lost much weight, had an eating disorder for about 6 months, and felt constantly stressed. I did not know what it was for 6 months. I was experiencing it every week especially after eating. I went for an ECG but they didn't diagnose me with anything. I was visiting my doctor 6 months later and it suddenly started. My heartbeat was 113! My doctor sent me directly to the hospital. In the hospital they tried three different medicines, including injection into the vain. My heartbeat went to 220. I was almost faint, but still conscious. In the end, they gave me a beta-blocker. I think it was Propranolol. I was on it for a year until I was operated on for a Catheter Ablation. My lifestyle improved drastically. I started training, eating more varied foods, and cut alcohol. Now I still experience it slightly, but it is rare and not continuous.

Comment from: pdl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

My arrhythmia is being treated with atenolol, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Symptoms Experienced Question: For arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Types Question: What type of arrhythmia do you have?
Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your arrhythmia?