- Understanding COPD Slideshow
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Quiz
- Energy Foods for COPD Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - Experience
- Patient Comments: ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - Diagnosis
What is the Prognosis of ARDS?
More people are surviving ARDS now than in the past. One likely reason for this is that treatment and care for the condition have improved. Survival rates for ARDS vary depending on age, the underlying cause of ARDS, associated illnesses, and other factors.
Some people who survive recover completely. Others may have lasting damage to their lungs and other health problems.
Researchers continue to look for new and better ways to treat ARDS.
National Institutes of Health. ARDS