Patient Comments: Appendicitis - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms you experienced with appendicitis?

Published: June 10

Pain in lower abdomen on the left side going round to my back and down my left side but the main pain is in the lower abdomen.

Published: June 09

I woke up feeling very nauseated and started to vomit violently later in the day. I also got a fever of 104 around the same time, and my abdomen was very sensitive and irritable; I thought I had stomach flu. It felt like I had diarrhea and menstrual cramps at the same time that came in powerful, excruciating waves.

Published: June 09

I got operated for appendicitis. On the previous day my abdomen had severe pain. It was all over the abdomen. I also experienced backache. Fever was also there.

Published: June 05

My daughter came to my bed this morning and her stomach hurt and she had a fever and it is on and to the right of the belly button.

Published: June 04

It was like the worst stomach ache I've experienced. And like I had to go number 2 in the bathroom, but when i tried nothing came out.

Published: June 02

At first, I thought I had the flu. I was throwing up and couldn't even keep water down. I went to the hospital and they originally thought I had gastritis due to some other health problems I have. My appendix ruptured that night and I had to go back to the hospital. The pain was all over my lower abdomen kind of like menstrual cramping.

Published: May 29

At first it felt like an ulcer; burning and uncomfortable. After several hours of nausea, I had excruciating pain in the lower right side of my abdomen and a low grade fever.

Published: May 27

I thought I had the flu, at first. This lasted for two days, but I was never vomiting, just queasy,and not interested in eating. On day three the pain became so severe, I had a difficult time walking. I kept feeling the urge to vomit, but nothing would happen. I had a high fever, 103, and finally went to the emergency room after several hours of severe pain.

Appendicitis - Treatments Question: How was your appendicitis treated?
Appendicitis - Causes Question: What do you believe was the cause of your appendicitis?
Appendicitis - Surgery Question: Did you have an appendectomy? Please describe the experience.
Appendicitis - Complications Question: Please discuss complications you experienced with appendicitis.