Patient Comments: Appendicitis - Complications

Please discuss complications you experienced with appendicitis.

Comment from: alice, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I had no pain – only a dull ache in my lower right abdomen. I had a fever, vomiting, and eventually couldn't down anything. Since I've often had ill health, I didn't go to the hospital until my brother took me. I had a CT scan and the doctor operated that day. He said the appendix hadn't burst but was leaking and had spread the infection. It doesn't always present with an obvious sharp pain.

Appendicitis - Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms you experienced with appendicitis?
Appendicitis - Treatments Question: How was your appendicitis treated?
Appendicitis - Causes Question: What do you believe was the cause of your appendicitis?
Appendicitis - Surgery Question: Did you have an appendectomy? Please describe the experience.