Patient Comments: Anxiety - Attack Experience

Has your anxiety disrupted your quality of life?

Comment from: mvcdollie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I'm 23 and it's been 3 weeks now that I have felt the ugliness of anxiety. It was just from one day to the next. I felt as if I was going to die or I was having a heart attack. I got medication for it but the pills make me feel so down and I have no interest for a lot of stuff. I have a huge headache, I feel like my brain will just stop working. I don't want to rely on pills I just want to feel myself again.

Comment from: mary, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 09

My husband developed anxiety when he was 60 years old. It has had a major effect on our marriage and life. He is making irresponsible decisions regarding our home and assets out of fear of death. He wants to sell everything and spend the money after 40 years of working to get to where we are. It is very difficult to cope. His anxiety is causing depression not only for myself but for our ten year old disabled son. He is taking meds but they seem to be of little help. He is up all night and paces. I really worry that something more then anxiety is happening here. It is ongoing and does not let up. There is no real break or attacks. It seems to be constant with little let up.

Comment from: wanna be normal, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 30

I am 23 years old; I have suffered from anxiety for about 8 years now I was always able to get through the attacks and nerves until about 2 months ago. I seem to be afraid of a lot of things but the biggest is riding in a car. I was doing good had my job for 4 years but to months ago my car broke down and I got a new one. I have ridden in my car twice the last 2 months, I quit my job. I wanted to work it out myself but I fear that I can't. I am currently looking for other means of help and medication. I also have some other medical disorders and I feel my body wearing down fast with my anxiety.

Comment from: Taylor, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I am eighteen. I have been suffering from what I believe is anxiety/panic attacks. I have had attacks ever since I was 12. I have a number of symptoms. I feel as if my family doesn't understand, I feel alone. They tell me it's all in my head. I have had attacks at school, when I have been out with friends and at work. I physically get extremely sick and yet they still tell me it's all in my head. Hopefully I can get the help and medication needed so I can lead what normal life I have.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I have been on antidepressants for more than 20 years. They have saved my life. Recently, after having a hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, I started developing panic attacks. It was horrible. I switched from Lexapro to Paxil; It made a huge difference and has definitely improved my quality of life. The panic attacks are virtually undetectable. For those who are scared to get help-please don't be. Your gp can prescribe anti-anxiety meds or a psychiatrist. Perhaps counseling may benefit you as well.

Comment from: Jynger, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I began to have anxiety problems several years so in relation to my husband's health problems and my daughter's health problems. I worked as a nurse and sometimes felt I got "hit" with a couple of more patient as soon as I got home. I am not trying to be ugly, but no one can be "on" 24-7.But I would just use Klonipin at bedtime and I would be OK. Now, our problems are worsening and health wise, and I am really having problems with insomnia. I'm taking Klonopin and Ambien, and sometimes Benadryl, and I can be up all night. I've also tried Melatonin. I keep the room cool and a fan on low. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Comment from: B, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

Im 16 years old. 6 months back, is around the time I started noticing that something was wrong. After my boyfriend cheated on me. I took it pretty hard. Now I worry WAY to much, cry all the time, im very sensitive, irritated over every little thing, I dont see no interest in things I used to love to do. And, its getting worse... here the last few day, I have been having problems breathing. Right now, at thing moment its bad. And, my tummy hurts. I feel like im going to get sick. Its getting so close to having an attack.. I know it. I need to go see a doctor, but I havent yet.. Hopefully soon, I will. REAL SOON..

Anxiety - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?
Anxiety - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your anxiety?