Patient Comments: Anxiety - Attack Experience

Has your anxiety disrupted your quality of life?

Comment from: Nklynd2bme, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

Definitely. It's made me miss several days of work. It gives me stomach flu symptoms and even escalates to full blown panic attacks some days.

Comment from: Lucky3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I am a mother of three in her early 30's. I have been dealing with anxiety for about 5 years now. I have been in a verbal relationship for years, and anxiety really hit me when I found out that I was pregnant again after I had just given birth to my second child less than six months. Prayer brought me a long way, exercise, as well as a medication. I thought I was having heart-attacks or even maybe dying. Now my husband is having really bad anxiety attacks, but he will not get help until it hits him. I am praying that he will get the right treatment.

Comment from: Fasu Sek, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 22

Anxiety tried, but I didn't let it win. Although anxiety can, and at some point will, alter the way you are living you have to know this: if you work on it, you will get rid of it or at least learn to live with it. The key? Understand that anxiety is not a disease, it only makes you worry all the time and think you have one or will get one. Best solution? Exercise -- above everything running. Start to run, free yourself, produce endorphins, they make the difference. Accept the fact that you are an anxious person and that you want to change, learn to recognize your triggers, breathe in and then breathe out. Read about anxiety and above all read about people who have actually beat it. I am currently fighting with it, but I am winning, I am controlling it and I am not letting it disrupt the way I live.

Anxiety - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?
Anxiety - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your anxiety?