Patient Comments: Anxiety - Attack Experience

Has your anxiety disrupted your quality of life?

Comment from: Elizabeth, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

Yes it has. It inhibits my daily life. I can get in someone's car for more than 10 minutes without having an anxiety attack. No one understands that more people who suffer from anxiety (just like I do). There is hope for people even if you don't want to take medication. There are many ways to reduce your anxiety.

Comment from: xrcjdiiilhvm, 19-24 Female Published: April 19

I've had anxiety since the 4th grade. I've been struggling lately and I'm now 21. The only symptom that I have from anxiety is my stomach hurting like I'm going to get sick. Taking meds hasn't really done anything. I feel like I'm running out of options. I'm having more and more anxiety attacks. My anxiety attacks consist of my throwing up. It's driving me crazy. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: holly, 45-54 Female Published: April 06

My anxiety has paralyzed me emotionally.I am always anticipating what things are going to happen. I am basically house bound and I venture out at night when I don't have to talk to people. I startle easily and always have negative thinking going on every waking moment. Poor sleep is the norm. I think my anxiety has gotten worse and I did not realize how debilitating it was. I am scared to talk to people because I will not say the right thing. Or because I think people already don't like me. I cry alot when I am alone and I don't tell my husband the true extent of my anxiety because he won't understand and will certainly minimze it. I am just barely skimming the surface on how I am. I also feelin like I am a social hermit.

Comment from: Dan5161, Male (Patient) Published: March 25

Anxiety has affected me in a big way! It started when I was 15 and I am 25 now. I've been on a few meds adavan, Zoloft, xanax, and now some off brand called fluoxetin. Which sucks but it's all I can afford. Zoloft has worked the best for me only bad thing is makes my tired. I am married and have 3 kids. I still get attacks every now and then like now it's hard to describe. I just feel like I'm dying my heart beats really weird and I get hot then cold, my legs start shaking, really my while body locks up. I have missed plenty of days from work from being up all night! I know they say it's all in my head but it still hurts!

Comment from: Frustrated, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

Anxiety has totally taken over my life. It is frustrating! Anxiety has caused not only me but my husband and children a lot of anguish. It's a horrible way to go through life. I don't want to be dependent on medication. I've tried tapes. To make matters worse, I've had symptoms due to Lyme, and have even been tested for peri-menopause and thyroids.

Comment from: leroy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I'm 25 I've been suffering from anxiety for almost a year now. My first attack came out of the blue, (Blue meaning out of nowhere), I was laying in the bed and for some reason I couldn't catch my breath, I felt light headed after breathing so heavy, and my body locked up on me from hyperventilating, my vision went blurring, and my heart rate was doing numbers. I lost all control and my body locked up on me, from over excessive worrying. I thought I could handle it on my own but after awhile like a nagging fly it starts to get to you and bother your nerves. At this moment I'm still not prescribed any meds, all my meds are bought in the streets. I know I know, that's not how you go about it, but I have a thing about taking medication (I can't stand it). I believe that is the doctors hustle to try to say something is wrong with you and try to patch you up. Then as you deal with life's problems you're stuck with the side effects. For those who don't have it, I love how they try to say nothing's wrong or you're being a hypochondriac, but I've noticed xanax actually works.

Comment from: dale, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been having problems with anxiety, 10 months ago I had a panic attack and tinnitus started the same day. I thought I was going to die and worried because of uncontrolled rapid heartbeat at times with tingling feet. Months later it reached to my legs with electrical nerve stings from my back to my fingers. Always starts when I start worrying. I'm on ativan and it helps calm me. I found that realizing there's nothing to worry about and knowing that my symptoms are not related to any other illness helps. Most days I do well some days I worry. Positive thinking of facts and not delusion will probably heal me overall.

Anxiety - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?
Anxiety - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your anxiety?