Patient Comments: Anxiety - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your anxiety?

Comment from: hello, 7-12 Male (Patient) Published: September 15

Hi I am 13 years old and I am scared of ghost and criminals and then I get really scared when I hear stuff when I'm alone and it feels like I can't breathe then I start to get cramps really bad. Cramps wear I start to cry and then I get diarrhea and then the cramps stop. I don't know if this is a part of anxiety but I want to find out what it is I really want to find out what it is.

Comment from: Happy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

Because of anxiety I have trouble sleeping, fatigue, short of breath, dizziness, neck and shoulder pain.

Comment from: Constance, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I am 8 years old and I am afraid of a lot things. I really worry about the rain. I constantly look outside to check the clouds to make sure it isn't going to rain. Also, I was really concerned about a dripping faucet on the kitchen sink. I was worried that the house might flood. I didn't feel better until it was repaired. Would this be an anxiety disorder? I can't control my fear of simple things. I would like not to be this way. This isn't everything but the rain and possible flood is pretty scary for me.

Comment from: mother of four, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I've suffered from anxiety since my first one at 18 years old, I'm now 45. I've tried treatment many times and the one that worked extremely well was effexor xr. I was on it for two years and just recently, by doctors help came off of same. I have to say, the anxiety is defiantly back, I just hope not bad enough to go back on meds. And why do I feel so bad about meds? I'll take it for anything else my health issues require, but once you talk about mental health, I beat myself up! I wish there was a lot more public awareness and acceptance of mental health!

Comment from: selmapark, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 05

I dread going to bed at night due to heart palpitations which keep me awake for hours before I finally fall asleep.

Comment from: franky, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

Anxiety made life so difficult, I ended up on disability. Short and sweet to the point after many trials, to no avail with other meds, the tried and true has been Lorazepam and Lithium. And lithium has its own anti-suicide chemical in it, that helps the most.

Comment from: Had enough, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I have described my anxiety to people as though a little person is inside of me and is trying to get out by pounding on my chest. I feel a constant rush of pressure as I need to go, go, go. It feels like a whirlwind around me. I feel as if I just want to scream.

Comment from: fallan, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

I had a bacterial infection (septicemia) from an infected tooth being removed and ended up in hospital for 10 days having IV antibiotics pumped into me. The onset of this infection was worse at night at my home before I went to hospital and now I have anxiety every evening and I can't seem to shake it off. I think I might need some medical help as it really is affecting my life.

Comment from: hailie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My anxiety symptoms are; I feel like my chest is full of smoke, I can't breathe normally, I can't look at the person I am talking with because of eye movement, my hands tremble, my heart trembles, my voice trembles, I have scary heart palpitations, I can't sleep.

Anxiety - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?
Anxiety - Attack Experience Question: Has your anxiety disrupted your quality of life?