Patient Comments: Anxiety - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your anxiety?

Comment from: tizzles, 13-18 Male Published: April 04

The second time I ever smoked spice I started freaking out. I thought that I was going to die. I felt my heart racing and pounding throughout my body. And of course I lived but ever since then I have started to have random panic attacks due to my heart rate. If I feel like my heart rate is high I start freaking out. I don't know what to do to help because my brother has a huge drug problem and I don't want to take pills. I don't do drugs the spice was like a very occasional thing, since I only did it twice.

Comment from: miss.understood, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

For my cases, I feel excessive tension in my chest, restless hands and legs, and racing thoughts. It gets really bad in reflection. I think a part of it is because I over think the decisions I make which leads me to feel helpless and stressed. It really messes up my sleeping habits as well (including going to bed at 6 am and waking up at almost 4 in the evening).

Comment from: MA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

Few months ago I had anxiety attack. I had palpation, very unpleasant sensation in the body and felt like I had no strength in my legs and hands. My emotions changed. I cried without any reason. Doctor prescribed me effector, but that made me crazy so I discontinued that med and couple of months I did not take any things. I was fine. Again month ago I had again same episodes of anxiety attack. This time doctor prescribed me celexa. Again I had same side effects when I took effector .Then doctor prescribed me lorazepam 0.5 mg daily for month which is really giving me good effects. But I do not know how long I have to take that med to get better.

Comment from: rainbowbright, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 14

My first panic attack happened when I was 14 it was the worst one I've had. I'm now 27 and I usual only have one to two attacks a year but these past few months have been awful. I had 3 panic attacks in just one day. I usually don't have them unless I feel bad and I've been having these bad dizzy spells past 3 days which I think is causing them. I will have chills, shaking all over, my palms start to sweat, I get very pale, I feel like I'm not even in my body like everything isn't real. I went to the doctor and they gave me meds but I'm so afraid to even take it cause I'm afraid the meds with give me side effects. I hate living like this it's pure torture I feel I will never get better. I'll start seeing a therapist in a few weeks hoping it will make it all go away.

Comment from: anonymous, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 07

I actually just had one. For me, I can't concentrate/feel confused. For instance, I was driving to Charlotte to speak at an event and I only had a vague sense of what I was going to Charlotte for. I immediately felt like I was going to die, and all I could think about what my daughter holding my hand as I lie in a hospital bed. Seriously, it's THAT bad. I took 1mg of Klonopin, which I always carry with me, and now, I feel perfectly fine. I'm in my hotel and I know exactly why I'm here and am prepared to give my speech!

Comment from: cerebro, 19-24 Female Published: November 03

I just feel a rush of anxiousness out of nowhere. It feels like the world around me is ending and I'm going to have a heart attack. Sometimes I shake to stop the anxiety or I press deep in my chest and the pain of it helps a bit. But they happen at any time and in intervals for me. It's a really scary feeling and it's hard to think about anything without getting a panic attack. Sometimes a vibration I feel -- it can be the smallest sensation, or what I think I'm feeling, sets it off. Loud noises frighten me too, and being outside sometimes. I just don't feel secure. It's been more overwhelming now than it has ever been, and it's really affecting what I do in the course of the day.

Comment from: JohnnyTx, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

I'm M 43 and have had Anxiety since I was a teen. I used to get it in school and would almost run out of class because I thought that I was going nuts. Racing heart, sweating, dizzy, and hard to breath, choking, feeling like I was going to go nuts. Since then I've learned to stay away from caffeine, sugar and any stimulants as much as possible. Cardio workout helps also, walking, biking. I've noticed that a small dose of Blood Pressure med, Lisinopril or similar wiped it out. I'm off the med and it slowly creeped back. I'm trying to keep busy and workout to keep in check.

Anxiety - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?
Anxiety - Attack Experience Question: Has your anxiety disrupted your quality of life?