Patient Comments: Anxiety - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms do you experience with your anxiety?

Comment from: soi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I am 55 years old and still having heavy bleeding with clots, and fever on those days in the range of 99 to 102. I don't know whether it is normal with menopause. The bleeding is controlled with tranexamic acid 500 mg thrice a day.

Comment from: Anon, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 07

I was stung on the top of my left foot while walking through shallow water in South Carolina. It felt like someone banging a red hot nail into my foot and the pain went up and up for the next few hours. I usually deal with pain well, but this had me sweating and asking for cold water while I was being short/rude with family members that were just trying to help me. My father took me to the hospital where they put my foot in very hot water, which helped a ton. They x-rayed my foot and gave me a tetanus shot. It took months to heal. My foot will never be the same. It hurts sometimes and the scab still flakes to this day, a year later. I was with many of my young nieces and I am always thankful that I was stung instead of them. What a nightmare that could have been!

Comment from: Stown, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

For 40 years I have suffered from generalized anxiety and panic attacks on and off. Symptoms were many and included muscle pain and tension, dizziness, feelings of unreality and heart palpitations. I have been hospitalized with severe symptoms.

Comment from: Dee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I was walking at night and tripped and fell hard on the cement; that was two years ago and most of the injuries are ok. Just in the outside cord of muscle on my left leg above the knee (and slightly below the knee), the pain is debilitating and is making life miserable. I've been prescribed pain pills and lead a healthy life and my weight is fine. But the pain is with me most of the time. The doctors don't say much and I'm afraid they just don't want to tell me bad news.

Comment from: Hairdo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I had usual sore muscles on Friday. I always get some and stiffness around weather changes. I woke up Saturday with a 2 inch diameter rash on my back. I thought I had poison ivy. At this time I have no pain and it only slightly itches so I have not scratched. By Tuesday I decided it could not be poison ivy because it would have itched worse. I had suspicions it was shingles. I still had no pain. I went to the doctor and they say it is shingles and prescribed anti-viral medicines. I can't figure out why I am not having pain.

Comment from: David W, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

My symptoms of colon cancer were difficult bowel movement and itchy rectal area.

Comment from: lechasa g., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 23

Since 2 years gradually my left legs got thin but my right leg gets ever and this is causing leg pain.

Comment from: Victoria, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 17

I have a flare up of diverticulitis every two years. Not sure what causes it, I am never constipated. I usually get an infection when I eat lots of salads and nuts. I get an infection in a pocket. I hurt on my left side. I am now passing slimy light green stuff. I have not been to the doctor yet. I guess I need an antibiotic.

Comment from: Daphne, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 03

I had my first anxiety attack in late October of 2014 at the age of 71. It struck so sudden, I didn't have a clue. I started feeling anxious and scared, couldn't eat or sleep, watch TV, had to have all lights on at all times and even sent my husband out to buy lighter lampshades. I couldn't be in crowds like in malls, restaurants or even church; I would start breathing hard and getting scared. Finally after five days I went to my doctor and she gave me Zoloft which really helps; just a small dose.

Anxiety - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anxiety?
Anxiety - Attack Experience Question: Has your anxiety disrupted your quality of life?