Patient Comments: Antisocial Personality Disorder - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your antisocial personality disorder?

Comment from: Rachel, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I am in the middle of an outbreack right now. I have been dealing with ringworm for about 20 years but what I don't understand is why they only show up in the on my right arm and leg, why some spots grow and some fade by themselves in a day or two, and why no one in my family has ever gotten it from me. I have noticed that if I catch it quick enough when the spot is small, I put some antifungal cream on it and then put a band aid over it and it will be gone in about 3 days.

Comment from: noa, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

My 4 1/2 year old daughter contracted barber's itch, ringworm infection of the face around the mouth, chin, and neck with noticeable swelling. She looked like she'd been clocked in the jaw and had a fat lip. The poor thing was prescribed nystatin ointment to put on the dry patches, which stung. She has never had this before but every member of my family has had it at one time or another in their lifetime. Monostat works when I get a spot on my extremities or on my chest (those are really bothersome). My daughter's the only one to ever gotten it on her face.

Comment from: Linda, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

My husband was diagnosed with ringworm by a doctor. We tried everything from home remedies to prescription medications. Nothing worked more than a day or so if at all. Some things even made it worse and some of the sores became infected. It turns out there is a type of Eczema that imitates ringworm. It's called "Nummular Dermatitis". It started on his arm, moved to his torso and then legs. Look it up. The pictures and description were very helpful to us. Hope this helps anyone who's at their wits end.

Comment from: Trisha, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

This is for those who are dealing with skin issues. I developed a rash about a year ago. It started out with rings of dry pink skin, that was itchy. Several people told me, it looked like ringworm. Ringworm is not a worm, but is a fungus of the skin. I tried the Over the Counter remedies. Nothing was working, so I went to the doctor. The doctor prescribed stronger ringworm medicine, which after several months, I did not see any improvement and I was beginning to feel helpless. My husband could sense my distress and mentioned getting another doctor™s opinion. After seeing three (3) different doctors that day, the third doctor diagnosed the rash as eczema. She prescribed Prednisone tablets and after the third day, my skin was already responding. Today, my rash is gone and I feel happy and relieved of the trauma that had plagued my skin for over a year. If you have been told you have ringworm and it does not clear up after using ringworm medications, ask your doctor about eczema. It is quite possible, that is all it is. Eczema can be brought on by the dry winter air, hot showers, the lack of moisture in the skin, harsh soaps and laundry detergents.

Comment from: acumomma, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

My 4 1/2 year old gets it on the area between the thumb and pointer finger, on the back of her hand and on the forearm. Not sure from where she contracted it. What gets rid of it within 2 days is a salve made by a friend. Infused olive oil with calendula flowers and St. John™s Wort and tea tree oil and lavender essential oil (great antiseptic/anti-fungal/anti-inflammatory) without the side effects of conventional prescriptions and over the counter remedies that have toxic properties.

Comment from: sheila6571, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

I have ringworm on my foot. I am using a fresh black walnut. When they fall off the tree, I crush the outer shell - which is juicy and it will stain your skin. I use a plastic glove not to stain any part not wanting to stain. Then I rub the juice from the black walnut directly on the ringworm and immediately the itching stops! Rub this on for 2 to 3 times a day. Works great! Also, my mom had a big ringworm under her breast and she did the same thing with the fresh black walnut juice. It cleared-up in 1 week, totally gone in 2 weeks! Caution: the juice from the black walnut will stain anything it touches!

Antisocial Personality Disorder - Treatments Question: What forms of treatment have been effective for your antisocial personality disorder?
Antisocial Personality Disorder - Risks and Causes Question: Were you or a loved one at risk for developing antisocial personality disorder? Please share your story.