Patient Comments: Antiphospholipid Syndrome - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatment have been effective for your antiphospholipid syndrome?

Comment from: Nancy, Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I was diagnosed with SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) in the mid-80s, when my babies were dying at about 5 months. I lost a total of 4 babies. It was the hardest thing I ever went through. I was positive for the anti-cardiolipin antibody, but they did not know much about antiphospholipid syndrome then. We adopted 2 children and I have been working on changing my life style to reduce symptoms ever since. My lab tests now are all normal, including a negative ANA! But my doctor said the cardiolipin antibody does not go away, so no need to test it again. She also said that I should take a baby aspirin just because of its presence. I used to have painful joints all the time. Now I have no pain at all and perfect lab test results. This is what I do: no animal products, lots of greens, nuts and seeds, lots of supplements (vitamins, probiotics and enzymes), lots of exercise, stress management, lots of fiber (chia seeds and flax seed), and lots of alkaline fluids (green tea).

Comment from: Martha, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been diagnosed with Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome since over 10 years back. I am required to be put in the hospital and put on heparin which I believe has been the best medication until I return to a 3.0 to 4.0 INR. It usually takes 10 to 14 days in the hospital to achieve this point.

Antiphospholipid Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with antiphospholipid syndrome?
Antiphospholipid Syndrome - Cause Question: What was the cause of your antiphospholipid syndrome?
Antiphospholipid Syndrome - Tests Question: Describe the tests you've had to detect antiphospholipid antibodies and antiphospholipid syndrome.