Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis

What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?

Comment from: sick&tired, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and had a double mastectomy and put on Arimidex. After 18 months I had bone and joint pain, swollen hands and feet that hurt so bad I could hardly walk. I had blood tests and the results came back ANA positive and possible lupus. I was sent to a rheumatologist and tested again, came back ANA positive again but doctor does not believe I have lupus. I was prescribed meloxicam and must return in 6 weeks. The medication does not offer much relief.

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing Question: What were the results of your ANA test?