Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: 1mommyof8, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 02

My 17 year old daughter has an ANA of 1:640 speckled pattern. She has fatigue, rash, tachycardia, headaches, stomach aches, joint pain, joint swelling, chest pain, etc. We saw one rheumatologist who told us to wait and see and we see another one this week. She's just a kid, would really like some answers.

Comment from: julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I am a 54 year old female with ANA 1:2560 with speckled pattern. I am being treated for (MCTD) mixed connective tissue disease since 2008. I am doing well on medications.

Comment from: NicIsBlessed, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I am 44 years old and my ANA was positive, 1:60. I have joint pain, fatigue, dry eyes and rash. My rheumatologist thinks it is Sjogren's syndrome but not really sure.

Comment from: judy, Female (Patient) Published: November 09

My ANA rest result was positive for SSA antibody. I have arthritis and joint pain, Graves' eye disease and rashes. Rheumatologist says it is Sjogren's syndrome and probably not lupus.

Comment from: Ginger, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I am a 32 year old female, my ANA test 1:40 speckled two times, homogeneous once, and positive once. I've been referred to a rheumatologist.

Comment from: ladywhite, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have a 1:160 speckled ANA and rheumatoid factor is 10, 0-14 international units/ml.

Comment from: Vic, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 28

My ANA test result is positive 1/800, homogeneous.

Comment from: Kass, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I am 35 and I tested positive in the ANA test, homogeneous at 1:80 titer. I am being referred to a rheumatologist soon.

Comment from: Scared, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have positive ANA with titer of 1:80 in a nucleolar pattern. I went for hair loss. I have been told to see a rheumatologist.

Comment from: Eve80, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

About 4 months ago I had two cysts removed through laparoscopy. Doctors found I have endometriosis. Removing the cysts did not relieve my horrible cramps. I also have 4 fibroids which were not removed. After surgery I have not been feeling well. I always have cramps and I'm getting my period more frequently, sometimes twice in a month or 2 weeks early. I was put on birth control (you get your period every 90 days) which I just started with last period 3 weeks ago and ever since I started them, I've been spotting and I'm getting my period again after three weeks and I'm not supposed to with these pills.

Comment from: Pist@29, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

My ANA test results are IFA positive, ANA pattern nucleolar, ANA Titer 1.830. After being misdiagnosed with SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) from age 16 to 19 I wonder if I really have had lupus these past 10 years or if I might have something more serious like cancer!

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?