Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: judy, Female (Patient) Published: November 09

My ANA rest result was positive for SSA antibody. I have arthritis and joint pain, Graves' eye disease and rashes. Rheumatologist says it is Sjogren's syndrome and probably not lupus.

Comment from: Ginger, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I am a 32 year old female, my ANA test 1:40 speckled two times, homogeneous once, and positive once. I've been referred to a rheumatologist.

Comment from: Kass, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I am 35 and I tested positive in the ANA test, homogeneous at 1:80 titer. I am being referred to a rheumatologist soon.

Comment from: Scared, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have positive ANA with titer of 1:80 in a nucleolar pattern. I went for hair loss. I have been told to see a rheumatologist.

Comment from: Eve80, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

About 4 months ago I had two cysts removed through laparoscopy. Doctors found I have endometriosis. Removing the cysts did not relieve my horrible cramps. I also have 4 fibroids which were not removed. After surgery I have not been feeling well. I always have cramps and I'm getting my period more frequently, sometimes twice in a month or 2 weeks early. I was put on birth control (you get your period every 90 days) which I just started with last period 3 weeks ago and ever since I started them, I've been spotting and I'm getting my period again after three weeks and I'm not supposed to with these pills.

Comment from: mary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

My ANA rest result was positive, and the number was 498. I can't find any examples online, looked all over, even lab tests online just gives a huge disclaimer. I don't know what 498 means.

Comment from: Pist@29, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

My ANA test results are IFA positive, ANA pattern nucleolar, ANA Titer 1.830. After being misdiagnosed with SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) from age 16 to 19 I wonder if I really have had lupus these past 10 years or if I might have something more serious like cancer!

Comment from: AJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

My blood result was antinuclear antibody (ANA) 1:640, also positive anti CENP and anti-histone. I have rheumatoid arthritis including Raynaud's phenomenon and dry eyes, mouth, etc.

Comment from: graceless02, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

My results of ANA test were 1:640. I have had a lot of joint pain, especially in my right elbow, which I lost the ability to move fully. Now my knees are starting to hurt, as well as my wrists. I feel like I'm always tired and never want to get out of bed. I'm seeing a specialist in a couple of weeks, but I don't feel like I can even wait that long.

Comment from: brisk, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

My ANA is 1:160 and finely speckled.

Comment from: wondering, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I believe my ANA test came back at 2.29. They suggested that I see a rheumatologist.

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?