Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: wondering, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I believe my ANA test came back at 2.29. They suggested that I see a rheumatologist.

Comment from: Tulus, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I have ANA count of 1:1280 but the RA doctor told me that I don't have arthritis. I however am being diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2007 and took synthroid for a few years, and in 2011 I was told to stop. I was off it for 6 months and then was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and was prescribed Methimazole and have been off it now for the last 3 months and discover that my ANA is 1:1280, I have swollen joints, headaches, mouth sores, sinus pain, shortness of breath and dizziness and have been gaining weight. My doctors didn't seem to know what is going on, prescribed me with Celebrex which only make the joint pain getting worse.

Comment from: woman18, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I am 18 years old, had facial rashes and skin lesion on the left ankles of my leg and swelling of the same left leg. My ANA test is positive, 1.127, I was diagnosed with Lupus two days ago.

Comment from: LULA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

The results were, ANA screen positive, nucleolar pattern, 1:160 titer.

Comment from: TaraB, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have high ANA in blood testing, but no reason has been determined at this time.

Comment from: Gahito, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

The results of my ANA test was positive up to 1:40 dilution.

Comment from: Niteowl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

The results of my ANA test was listed under “Out of Range” - 80 homogeneous.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

My ANA test was positive. I have to see a specialist.

Comment from: Madison'sMom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

My antinuclear antibody test results were 1:160. With ANA Pattern 1.

Comment from: Anymous, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

My ANA Titer is 1:320 And I am confirmed don't have SLE Lupus.

Comment from: theceliac1234, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I'm 19 years old and had a ANA value of 1:160 and just found out I have celiac disease. Stopped eating gluten and now I feel much better! No more stomachaches and hemoglobin levels went up so I am no longer anemic as well :)

Comment from: Mother if 3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

My baby is 7 month I developed hand pain and swelling which I first attributed to carpal tunnel. Had ANA tested 1:160 with a double stranded DNA of 18 and sjogren of 5.5 . My doctor diagnosed me with LUPUS. I am getting a second opinion. Could this be a wrong diagnosis. I have no other symptoms hair loss, rash etc....

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?