Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: sunflower, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

My Anti Nuclear AB is positive. Ana Titer is 1:40. Ana Pattern Speckled for SLE Lupus. I have a red rash on my face. This test was done in November.

Comment from: ivy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I'm a 27 year old banker, my ANA test came back with an ANF titre of 1:160 and a DNA value of 187. I don't really understand what the DNA value means. I usually have pains in my joints and sometimes a little swelling in the joints. I was diagnosed with SLE and I'm on treatment with AZT drugs and prednisilone drugs and also carvedilol, modurectic, lisinopril, omeprazole,c alcium, folic acid drugs. I still have pains now and again and I was wondering if there is any other immunosuppressant drugs that can take me into remission faster.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I had a positive ANA and was followed up with more blood work which was negative. I've had Graves disease 20 years ago (on Synthroid after thyroidectomy) and also have Raynauds. But my joints are all "clicking" and achy; hair loss; brittle nails; fatigue.

Comment from: teacher11, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

My doctor got my ANA test results. The number that was given was 795.79 a more specific breakdown of the results said that ANA screen, IFA was positive and that the ANA showed a speckled pattern. I was urgently advised to schedule a consult with a rheumatologist. I did research on the type of pattern, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Comment from: DANR, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

My ANA was 360, positive, and I had both nuclear speckled and homogeneous. My SED rate came out normal. I have had a serious of strange medical conditions such as: Reynaud's phenomena and systemic arterial vasospasm, including vasospasm of the coronary arteries. To date, I have not been diagnosed with any specific autoimmune disease except Reynaud's.

Comment from: Myojo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I am a 36 year old woman with ANA titre of 1:320 from 2008 to 2011. The latest ANA titre shot to 1:1280. I experienced unusual hair loss since 2008 and it has not shown any improvement. The doctor did not prescribe any medication as there are not other symptoms as yet, despite ANA is now 4 times more than the year before.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 23

I am a 50 year old woman, and I have a rheumatoid factor of less than 10.7. The ANA result is positive and its primary dilution is 1:40, the primary intensity is 4+, ANA pattern - homogeneous and endpoint titre 1:2560.

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?