Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: Tulus, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I have ANA count of 1:1280 but the RA doctor told me that I don't have arthritis. I however am being diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2007 and took synthroid for a few years, and in 2011 I was told to stop. I was off it for 6 months and then was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and was prescribed Methimazole and have been off it now for the last 3 months and discover that my ANA is 1:1280, I have swollen joints, headaches, mouth sores, sinus pain, shortness of breath and dizziness and have been gaining weight. My doctors didn't seem to know what is going on, prescribed me with Celebrex which only make the joint pain getting worse.

Comment from: woman18, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I am 18 years old, had facial rashes and skin lesion on the left ankles of my leg and swelling of the same left leg. My ANA test is positive, 1.127, I was diagnosed with Lupus two days ago.

Comment from: Anna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I am just finally going to have my ANA checked (amongst many other things that general practitioners (GP) I have seen over 14 years should've done). I had Graves' disease back in 1996, and had RAI (radioactive iodine) treatment in 1998. I was placed on levothyroxine in 2000. I lost count on the many GPs and being overmedicated, problems are just starting to surface.

Comment from: tcross, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 17

My daughter's ANA test results came back with 1:2560.

Comment from: ABMCharya, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 23

The results of my ANA test was weak positive 1:100.

Comment from: 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 30

My baby is five years old and his ANA result was 1/80.

Comment from: LULA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

The results were, ANA screen positive, nucleolar pattern, 1:160 titer.

Comment from: TaraB, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have high ANA in blood testing, but no reason has been determined at this time.

Comment from: Gahito, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

The results of my ANA test was positive up to 1:40 dilution.

Comment from: Niteowl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

The results of my ANA test was listed under “Out of Range” - 80 homogeneous.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

My ANA test was positive. I have to see a specialist.

Comment from: Madison'sMom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

My antinuclear antibody test results were 1:160. With ANA Pattern 1.

Comment from: Anymous, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

My ANA Titer is 1:320 And I am confirmed don't have SLE Lupus.

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?