Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: Anna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I am just finally going to have my ANA checked (amongst many other things that general practitioners (GP) I have seen over 14 years should've done). I had Graves' disease back in 1996, and had RAI (radioactive iodine) treatment in 1998. I was placed on levothyroxine in 2000. I lost count on the many GPs and being overmedicated, problems are just starting to surface.

Comment from: tcross, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 17

My daughter's ANA test results came back with 1:2560.

Comment from: ABMCharya, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 23

The results of my ANA test was weak positive 1:100.

Comment from: 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 30

My baby is five years old and his ANA result was 1/80.

Comment from: LULA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

The results were, ANA screen positive, nucleolar pattern, 1:160 titer.

Comment from: TaraB, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have high ANA in blood testing, but no reason has been determined at this time.

Comment from: Gahito, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

The results of my ANA test was positive up to 1:40 dilution.

Comment from: Niteowl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

The results of my ANA test was listed under “Out of Range” - 80 homogeneous.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

My ANA test was positive. I have to see a specialist.

Comment from: Madison'sMom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

My antinuclear antibody test results were 1:160. With ANA Pattern 1.

Comment from: Anymous, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

My ANA Titer is 1:320 And I am confirmed don't have SLE Lupus.

Comment from: theceliac1234, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I'm 19 years old and had a ANA value of 1:160 and just found out I have celiac disease. Stopped eating gluten and now I feel much better! No more stomachaches and hemoglobin levels went up so I am no longer anemic as well :)

Comment from: Mother if 3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

My baby is 7 month I developed hand pain and swelling which I first attributed to carpal tunnel. Had ANA tested 1:160 with a double stranded DNA of 18 and sjogren of 5.5 . My doctor diagnosed me with LUPUS. I am getting a second opinion. Could this be a wrong diagnosis. I have no other symptoms hair loss, rash etc....

Comment from: Jo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

My test results were 1:400 to 1:800. doctors do not know whats happening and have no treatment plan for me. Always have to suffer giddiness and blurred vision. Also have menstrual problem. Recently im experiencing bad joint pains and now waiting for next appointment to do another test. i suspect my condition may have worsened.

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?