Patient Comments: Antinuclear Antibody Test - Testing

Question:What were the results of your ANA test?

Comment from: Pist@29, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

My ANA test results are IFA positive, ANA pattern nucleolar, ANA Titer 1.830. After being misdiagnosed with SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) from age 16 to 19 I wonder if I really have had lupus these past 10 years or if I might have something more serious like cancer!

Comment from: AJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

My blood result was antinuclear antibody (ANA) 1:640, also positive anti CENP and anti-histone. I have rheumatoid arthritis including Raynaud's phenomenon and dry eyes, mouth, etc.

Comment from: graceless02, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

My results of ANA test were 1:640. I have had a lot of joint pain, especially in my right elbow, which I lost the ability to move fully. Now my knees are starting to hurt, as well as my wrists. I feel like I'm always tired and never want to get out of bed. I'm seeing a specialist in a couple of weeks, but I don't feel like I can even wait that long.

Comment from: mary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

My ANA rest result was positive, and the number was 498. I can't find any examples online, looked all over, even lab tests online just gives a huge disclaimer. I don't know what 498 means.

Comment from: brisk, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

My ANA is 1:160 and finely speckled.

Comment from: wondering, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I believe my ANA test came back at 2.29. They suggested that I see a rheumatologist.

Comment from: Tulus, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I have ANA count of 1:1280 but the RA doctor told me that I don't have arthritis. I however am being diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2007 and took synthroid for a few years, and in 2011 I was told to stop. I was off it for 6 months and then was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and was prescribed Methimazole and have been off it now for the last 3 months and discover that my ANA is 1:1280, I have swollen joints, headaches, mouth sores, sinus pain, shortness of breath and dizziness and have been gaining weight. My doctors didn't seem to know what is going on, prescribed me with Celebrex which only make the joint pain getting worse.

Comment from: woman18, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I am 18 years old, had facial rashes and skin lesion on the left ankles of my leg and swelling of the same left leg. My ANA test is positive, 1.127, I was diagnosed with Lupus two days ago.

Comment from: Anna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I am just finally going to have my ANA checked (amongst many other things that general practitioners (GP) I have seen over 14 years should've done). I had Graves' disease back in 1996, and had RAI (radioactive iodine) treatment in 1998. I was placed on levothyroxine in 2000. I lost count on the many GPs and being overmedicated, problems are just starting to surface.

Comment from: tcross, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 17

My daughter's ANA test results came back with 1:2560.

Comment from: ABMCharya, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 23

The results of my ANA test was weak positive 1:100.

Antinuclear Antibody Test - Diagnosis Question: What condition was diagnosed by your antinuclear antibody test?