antihistamines with decongestants-oral Index
Nasal decongestants are used to treat nasal congestion and discomfort from allergies and colds. There are two types of nasal decongestants; 1) short acting, for example, levmetamfetamine or L-desoxyephedrine (Vicks Vapo Inhaler) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephrine, Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops, 4-Way Fast Acting); and 2) long acting, for example xylometazoline (Triaminic Decongestant Spray Nasal & Sinus Congestion) and oxymetazoline (Afrin, Vicks Sinex, Zicam Nasal Gel). Side effects, drug interactions, storage, dosing, and pregnancy and breastfeeding safety should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis) Article
- Hay fever facts
- What is hay fever? What are hay fever symptoms and signs?
- Why does an allergic reaction occur?
- What causes allergic rhinitis?
- What are risk factors for allergic rhinitis?
- When and where does allergic rhinitis occur?
- Is allergic rhinitis contagious?
- How is allergic rhinitis diagnosed, and how are allergies identified?
- What is the treatment for allergies?
- What is the prognosis of allergic rhinitis?
- Is it possible to prevent allergic rhinitis?
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
The lungs are primarily responsible for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the air we breathe and the blood....learn more »
In This Article
Lung Anatomy Article
- Human lung anatomy facts
- What does breathing accomplish?
- What are the lungs?
- What is the structure of the respiratory system?
- How is air moved into and out of the lungs during
- How does gas exchange occur?
- What are other important events during the breathing cycle?