antihistamines with decongestants-oral Index
Nasal decongestants are used to treat nasal congestion and discomfort from allergies and colds. There are two types of nasal decongestants; 1) short acting, for example, levmetamfetamine or L-desoxyephedrine (Vicks Vapo Inhaler) and phenylephrine (Neo-Synephrine, Little Noses Decongestant Nose Drops, 4-Way Fast Acting); and 2) long acting, for example xylometazoline (Triaminic Decongestant Spray Nasal & Sinus Congestion) and oxymetazoline (Afrin, Vicks Sinex, Zicam Nasal Gel). Side effects, drug interactions, storage, dosing, and pregnancy and breastfeeding safety should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis) Article
- Hay fever facts
- What is hay fever? What are hay fever symptoms and signs?
- Why does an allergic reaction occur?
- What causes allergic rhinitis?
- What are risk factors for allergic rhinitis?
- When and where does allergic rhinitis occur?
- Is allergic rhinitis contagious?
- What specialists treat allergic rhinitis?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose allergic rhinitis? How do health-care professionals identify allergies?
- What is the treatment for allergies?
- Are there home remedies for hay fever?
- What is the prognosis of allergic rhinitis?
- Is it possible to prevent allergic rhinitis?
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
In This Article
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments Article
- Facts about cold, flu, and allergy treatments
- Introduction to cold, flu, and allergy treatments
- What are the differences between allergy, cold, and flu symptoms?
- What are the different types of medications for headaches, body aches, fever, and flu-like symptoms?
- Nasal congestion, sneezing, and runny nose
- Sore throat and other symptoms
- What about vitamin C and zinc?
- What are some important considerations for the safe use of OTC products?