OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose in children may include abnormal eye movements, flushed face, dry mouth, change in amount of urine, fever, excitation, agitation, bizarre behavior, confusion, restlessness, irritability, delirium, twitching, tiredness, abnormal tongue movement, trembling extremities, slurred speech, or seizures. Symptoms of overdose in adults may include drowsiness, or unconsciousness, which may be followed by excitement or seizures.
NOTES: Do not share this product with others.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, take as soon as remembered; do not take if it is almost time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (between 15 and 30 degrees C) away from moisture and sunlight. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not freeze liquid forms of this medication.
MEDICAL ALERT: Your condition can cause complications in a medical emergency. For enrollment information call MedicAlert at 1-800-854-1166 (USA), or 1-800-668-1507 (Canada).
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index