Oral antihistamines are medications used to treat symptoms of congestion, runny nose, the common cold, sneezing, itchy throat, skin rashes, hives, itching, and watery or itchy eyes. Some antihistamines also are used to treat anxiety, insomnia, and motion sickness. Side effects, drug interactions, dosing, storage, and pregnancy and breastfeeding safety information should be reviewed prior to taking this class of medication.
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Motion sickness is a feeling of unwellness caused by the inner ear and balance systems. Motion sickness can include sea sickness,...learn more »
In This Article
Motion Sickness Article
- What is motion sickness?
- Who is at risk for motion sickness?
- What are causes of motion sickness?
- What are the signs and symptoms of motion sickness?
- When should I call a doctor for motion sickness?
- How is motion sickness diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for motion sickness?
- Home remedies for motion sickness
- OTC and prescription medication for motion sickness
- Can motion sickness be prevented?
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
In This Article
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis) Article
- Hay fever facts
- What is hay fever? What are hay fever symptoms and signs?
- Why does an allergic reaction occur?
- What causes allergic rhinitis?
- What are risk factors for allergic rhinitis?
- When and where does allergic rhinitis occur?
- Is allergic rhinitis contagious?
- What specialists treat allergic rhinitis?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose allergic rhinitis? How do health-care professionals identify allergies?
- What is the treatment for allergies?
- Are there home remedies for hay fever?
- What is the prognosis of allergic rhinitis?
- Is it possible to prevent allergic rhinitis?