- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Boost Digestive Health
- Digestive Distress Slideshow: Problem Foods to Avoid
- What are anticholinergic drugs?
- What diseases and conditions do anticholinergic (antispasmodic) drugs treat?
- What are examples of prescription anticholinergic (antispasmodic) agents available in the US?
- Anticholinergic activity drugs
- Antispasmodic medications
- Overactive bladder (OAB) medications
- Antidepressant medications
- Muscle relaxants
- Motion sickness medications
- Gastrointestinal medications
- Respiratory medications
- What are the side effects of anticholinergic (antispasmodic) drugs?
- Who should not use anticholinergic (antispasmodic) medications?
- What drugs interact with anticholinergic (antispasmodic) drugs?
- What about taking anticholinergics (antispasmodic) during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
Motion sickness medications
- dicyclomine (Bentyl)
- hyoscyamine (Levsin)
- loperamide (Imodium)
- promethazine (Phenergan)
Quick GuideDigestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.