Patient Comments: Anorexia Nervosa - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your anorexia?

Comment from: Anonymous, 13-18 Female Published: November 08

I never went through any specific "treatment" but I finally realized what I was doing to my body was unhealthy. When you're 95 pounds, 5 foot 8 inches, and you look in the mirror and say "I'm fat," there's clearly something wrong. Having that revelation of "Hey, I'm destroying my body and I should probably stop" was the biggest help to me. That and having a strong supportive family that wanted me to get better.

Comment from: skinnyminnie452, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

Realize you are not breaking any rule in the beginning when you eat. Trust me, I know that fear. And it may seem like it will get you attention at the time, but you should not have to go through life threatening measures to get it. Tell a friend you trust. They can assure you of the love that is there for you. *hug*

Anorexia - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with anorexia nervosa.
Anorexia - Psychological Symptoms Question: What psychological or behavioral symptoms did you experience with anorexia nervosa?
Anorexia - Physical Symptoms Question: Describe the physical symptoms you experienced with anorexia nervosa.
Anorexia - Prognosis Question: Did you, a friend, or relative have anorexia? Please share the prognosis or outcome.
Anorexia - Prevention Question: Please share suggestions for preventing anorexia nervosa.