Patient Comments: Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments

What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?

Comment from: Amy N, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I have severe ankle problems. A pain on the inside part of the foot around the bone. My affliction is PTTD - Posterior Tibial Tendon Disorder. I have a job and insurance. I spend a lot of money on trying anything, even if not covered by insurance. A doctor finally put me in an immobilizer, a soft cast, up to the knee. I protested but gave in. This is the only thing that has helped. Not drugstore ankle braces. Not creams. Not acupuncture, etc. You can buy these "boots" yourself. Eight weeks. Sleep with a drugstore brace. Look for ankle therapy. You will find a lot of good info. Good luck.

Comment from: Marie Chan, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

I have tendonitis in both feet and issues with the joints in my right. I also have arthritis in both ankles and neuropathy in my feet. I have to go get shots every week and a half in the tendons, joints and sometimes the top or bottoms of my feet. Once I received a shot that only 6% of the people who get it get side effects and I was one of those unlucky fools, it crystalized in my veins causing extreme torturous pain. I do medicines, wraps, OTC pain relievers etc nothing works. It's sad to say I can't really walk, can't go outside and play with my kids because it's too painful. I'm only 29.

Comment from: jordanm1054, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I have read many of the testimonials from those who"ve experienced foot and ankle pain and gained treatment without any successful results. I truly grieve in my heart for all of you who have to endure this chronic pain. Right now, I'm experiencing pain in both of my feet, on both of my ankles with severe soreness and stiffness on the area on top just behind the toes and on the padding just below my toes. I walk with a cane now and dread getting up to walk, I dread even being off of my feet as the pain is keeping me up even now in the wee hours of the morning. I wish I could say I despair, but believe it or not some of the testimonials are worse than mine. I hope everyone can find resolution to their situations.

Comment from: danny good, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My tendon pain started about 3 months ago, I suspect that in my case it is from wearing sandals. I have iced them – that helped for a while. Got on treadmill with runners and concentrated on bending my ankles and found that helped; this is how I concluded it was my footwear causing my problems. With the weather cooling off I am back to full shoes and my tendons are getting better amazingly quickly.

Comment from: Segal, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

I have severe pain for a year at the front of my ankle where it joins the shin bone. I have had no injury. I have custom made shoe inserts, I also wear an ankle strap. I tried r.i.c.e I take pain killers and anti inflammatory. I did not have an injury and an MRI can not reveal any kind of problem with my ankle. Two weeks ago I also had an injection under sedation which made no deference, I still can't walk.

Comment from: chuckr, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 22

My ankle pain started 15 years ago. I saw several orthopedists, who all prescribed the same meds that really don't work. My pain is especially bad first thing in the morning or after activities like cutting grass or golf. Hours later or the next morning, it's like walking on broken bones. I can't wear regular shoes at all – the pain runs right up to my knees.

Comment from: sore feet, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I have been experiencing pain and swelling in my right ankle just above the outside bone. For some time now I have what I think is gout flare ups according to self-diagnosis. There is swelling in my foot that moves to the ankles then the knees. One time it was in the elbow.

Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms Question: How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?