Patient Comments: Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments

What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?

Comment from: Katrina503, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I think I have either sprained or have an ankle that is really sore to walk on. I use Advil for the pain and just bought an ankle support to help me.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I started walking for exercise and went from 2 to 8 miles over a two month period. My left ankle started hurting and I went to my doctor who said it was sciatica. I have been going to physical therapy for 6 weeks and they have also treated for tendinitis with no relief. I don't know whether to stretch or do the press ups anymore. I emailed my doctor to get an MRI and am still waiting for a response. NSAID's are not doing anything. I will not take pain pills as I am a 16 year recovering addict. I hope you all feel better soon!

Comment from: Karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I broke my ankle in two places 9 months ago and sprained the other one. The broken one healed ok according tot he doctor, but it still bothers me quite a bit. Both ankles can not stand anything but flats, and beign flat footed they also must have special made arches. I can't stand over an hour or walk far without causing sever pain for days. Changing shoes through out the day helps. Swimming/water aerobics is the best therapy for them. Massage seems to help, too. I heard the lymph system was damaged which causes the pooling of blood. Massaging the ankles and keeping them strethed out is a must for me or I can hardly function at all.

Comment from: henry , Male (Patient) Published: February 08

My ankle started hurting about 5 years ago. I operate heavy equipment and pumping pedals for 14 or more hours a day in stiff boots made it start hurting. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong. He said I was bow-legged and that I need to wear orthotics. Then he released me. I still suffer. I haven't been able to work as an operator in a year. I only lasted 3 weeks then I'm uninsured, so I have no way to see a doctor and with no way to see a doctor it will hard to determine if I am disabled.

Comment from: laurenchip, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I don't know what I have I'm still waiting to be diagnosed. I've had a bad ankle for a couple of years now. At first it just kept clicking, was very swollen, and just didn't feel right. A couple of months ago I sprained it when I slipped on a wet floor. I now have terrible pain, more clicking, and I wear a support -- but no help and I'm just fed up of it. I'm waiting to have another MRI done to see if there is any ligament damage, but before this none of the doctors have shared what they think it is and it is quite frustrating.

Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms Question: How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?