Patient Comments: Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: GMetheny, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been in severe ankle pain for 3 days. There are no apparent injury signs or pain until I put weight on my foot. At the moment it feels like a severe sprain. It is below the ankle bone on the small toe side. There is no swelling or warmth to the touch. I have kept it elevated and I am taking 800 mg ibuprofen every 6 hours.

Comment from: Suzie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had a lot of pain and very stiff ankles for 2.5 years. I have had 2 prednisone treatments and a cortisone shot. The MRI on my left foot showed a little bit of bursitis. X-rays show no broken bones or spurs. The pain and tenderness and stiffness are on the inside ankle bone area. I have also tried cold ice baths and heat along with on the market pain relievers and nothing seems to work. I have also used a boot and am on crutches presently.

Comment from: jemora, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I was told that I had tendinitis by the hospital doctor. It got to the point that I could not walk on my foot, it was so painful. I was given two injections in my ankle but it just got worse. My own general physician decided to give me an x-ray as the hospital doctor did not. It was discovered that I had broken my fibula and tibia, it was a stress fracture and I was walking on it for 10 weeks. I have had two operations, metal work and 14 pins and 2 years on I am still walking with a limp and a stick.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been in severe ankle pain for 3 days. There are no apparent injury signs. At the moment it feels like a severe sprain. It is above the ankle bone on the small toe side. There is no swelling or warmth to the touch. I have ice-wrapped it, kept it elevated and I am taking 800 mg ibuprofen every 6 hours. I also have applied ice pack several times.

Comment from: Lor, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I suffered from tendonitis in my ankle for about six months. I tried orthotics, therapy, and any other suggestions that were given to me. Finally, the orthopedic doctor gave me a big black boot. It felt wonderful. He told me to wear it all the time for three weeks. After I stopped wearing it, my pain was gone.

Comment from: Gwen williams, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I went for a knee replacement and received ankle pain when I started walking on it, something must have happened during surgery causing tendonitis so my GP thinks. I have been given naproxen and tubegrip to wear on my knee and leg, the pain is unbearable 24 hrs a day

Comment from: extremstorm, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I broke a piece of bone off my ankle seven and a half years ago. I have had complications from that because it was not removed for more than a year. I suffered subsequent nerve and soft tissue damage. I have had 11 procedures including the one to remove the broken bone. I have trouble walking, standing and cannot get up on my tip toes any more. I have been suffering in pain for a long time and still cannot manage it. I've tried non-medicinal ways through hydrotherapy, TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator), and different creams. I've also been on and off narcotics for years. Nothing seems to work.

Comment from: Cristabell, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I have had pain in my ankle since October when I thought I sprained it by stepping down out of my car. I have been under an Orthopedics care since that time and I am still in pain. I had 3 months of physical therapy which seems to help a little, but after it was over the pain got worse. I asked my Doctor for an MRI in June which showed I had tendinitis, a small cyst and some cartilage defects. All he said was to keep wearing an ankle brace until October and then we will see what can be done. In the meantime I am in lots of pain when I walk and I limp. I am ready to get another opinion.

Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?