Patient Comments: Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: lighthouse, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

My tendon problems all began after taking ciprofloxacin (Cipro). After only 2 doses I had to go to the emergency room (ER). Now I"m having pain, popping and swelling in my joints. The worst of it is in my right ankle. Through research, I discovered that angstrom magnesium can help reverse the side effects of this drug. I have only been taking the magnesium for a few days but it seems to be helping. The swelling is less and I am able to walk better. I hope this can help others.

Comment from: GMetheny, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been in severe ankle pain for 3 days. There are no apparent injury signs or pain until I put weight on my foot. At the moment it feels like a severe sprain. It is below the ankle bone on the small toe side. There is no swelling or warmth to the touch. I have kept it elevated and I am taking 800 mg ibuprofen every 6 hours.

Comment from: Orb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I suffered an ankle injury resulting from a fall through the attic floor in 2009. The injury only involved soft tissue. I had about 6 months of physical therapy and did exercises at home to restore movement and flexibility. Although I can walk or run quite well, I constantly have pain and swelling when trying to stretch. I cannot wear high heels anymore and definitely have pain and swelling if I am in low heels for any extended period of time. I have had an MRI and x-rays that determine no real cause for my pain.

Comment from: Suzie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had a lot of pain and very stiff ankles for 2.5 years. I have had 2 prednisone treatments and a cortisone shot. The MRI on my left foot showed a little bit of bursitis. X-rays show no broken bones or spurs. The pain and tenderness and stiffness are on the inside ankle bone area. I have also tried cold ice baths and heat along with on the market pain relievers and nothing seems to work. I have also used a boot and am on crutches presently.

Comment from: jemora, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I was told that I had tendinitis by the hospital doctor. It got to the point that I could not walk on my foot, it was so painful. I was given two injections in my ankle but it just got worse. My own general physician decided to give me an x-ray as the hospital doctor did not. It was discovered that I had broken my fibula and tibia, it was a stress fracture and I was walking on it for 10 weeks. I have had two operations, metal work and 14 pins and 2 years on I am still walking with a limp and a stick.

Comment from: Brittany123, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I was having a good day of school as a 12th grader. When it was almost time to go I got up and I wobbled a lot. When I was getting balanced, my right ankle bone cracked hard and I suddenly had massive pain for no reason. I didn't get up wrong or anything. My foot is now light weight. It's mostly my right foot. I have had injuries in the past with this foot, but this was so random and I didn't know this was going to happen.

Comment from: GeneL., 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 30

If a person gets Achilles tendinitis I suggest that they check to see if they have been prescribed the antibiotic Cipro recently. My surgeon, my son, and I have all experienced ankle tendonitis after such prescription. It could be something else, but none of us had done anything out of the ordinary before experiencing the pain. Good luck!

Comment from: Bernadette, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

I am having severe night ankle pain, just on the left flat part of my foot. It wakes me up, and the pain is very bad, but by morning it is gone and no after effects. This has happened a few times.

Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?