Patient Comments: Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: lighthouse, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

My tendon problems all began after taking ciprofloxacin (Cipro). After only 2 doses I had to go to the emergency room (ER). Now I"m having pain, popping and swelling in my joints. The worst of it is in my right ankle. Through research, I discovered that angstrom magnesium can help reverse the side effects of this drug. I have only been taking the magnesium for a few days but it seems to be helping. The swelling is less and I am able to walk better. I hope this can help others.

Comment from: GMetheny, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have been in severe ankle pain for 3 days. There are no apparent injury signs or pain until I put weight on my foot. At the moment it feels like a severe sprain. It is below the ankle bone on the small toe side. There is no swelling or warmth to the touch. I have kept it elevated and I am taking 800 mg ibuprofen every 6 hours.

Comment from: Orb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I suffered an ankle injury resulting from a fall through the attic floor in 2009. The injury only involved soft tissue. I had about 6 months of physical therapy and did exercises at home to restore movement and flexibility. Although I can walk or run quite well, I constantly have pain and swelling when trying to stretch. I cannot wear high heels anymore and definitely have pain and swelling if I am in low heels for any extended period of time. I have had an MRI and x-rays that determine no real cause for my pain.

Comment from: Suzie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had a lot of pain and very stiff ankles for 2.5 years. I have had 2 prednisone treatments and a cortisone shot. The MRI on my left foot showed a little bit of bursitis. X-rays show no broken bones or spurs. The pain and tenderness and stiffness are on the inside ankle bone area. I have also tried cold ice baths and heat along with on the market pain relievers and nothing seems to work. I have also used a boot and am on crutches presently.

Comment from: jemora, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I was told that I had tendinitis by the hospital doctor. It got to the point that I could not walk on my foot, it was so painful. I was given two injections in my ankle but it just got worse. My own general physician decided to give me an x-ray as the hospital doctor did not. It was discovered that I had broken my fibula and tibia, it was a stress fracture and I was walking on it for 10 weeks. I have had two operations, metal work and 14 pins and 2 years on I am still walking with a limp and a stick.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been in severe ankle pain for 3 days. There are no apparent injury signs. At the moment it feels like a severe sprain. It is above the ankle bone on the small toe side. There is no swelling or warmth to the touch. I have ice-wrapped it, kept it elevated and I am taking 800 mg ibuprofen every 6 hours. I also have applied ice pack several times.

Comment from: Lor, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I suffered from tendonitis in my ankle for about six months. I tried orthotics, therapy, and any other suggestions that were given to me. Finally, the orthopedic doctor gave me a big black boot. It felt wonderful. He told me to wear it all the time for three weeks. After I stopped wearing it, my pain was gone.

Comment from: extremstorm, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I broke a piece of bone off my ankle seven and a half years ago. I have had complications from that because it was not removed for more than a year. I suffered subsequent nerve and soft tissue damage. I have had 11 procedures including the one to remove the broken bone. I have trouble walking, standing and cannot get up on my tip toes any more. I have been suffering in pain for a long time and still cannot manage it. I've tried non-medicinal ways through hydrotherapy, TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator), and different creams. I've also been on and off narcotics for years. Nothing seems to work.

Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?