Patient Comments: Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: rosierud, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I've felt like I was recovering from a sprained ankle since Sept. 1st, but knew that I hadn't sprained it! I could not rotate my foot or flex it forward or backward and it was very painful to wear shoes and certainly nothing with a raised heel. Walking was painful and going up and down stairs was also. Walking outside on stones or on uneven ground was very unsettling. In desperation the other evening, I tried rubbing on "Soothenol" which I had purchased quite some time ago. To my surprise, the pain was mostly gone the next morning and I'm almost near normal after two days. I'm not kidding, it really worked!

Comment from: Zora, (Patient) Published: October 06

In only my left ankle the joint feels loose. It pops with motion. Pain level ranges from 3-8 on a scale of 1-10, NSAIDS help some. Sometimes it feels as if it will break. The pain is worse on flexion. An X-ray of ankle does not show any problems. Pain ia always present to some degree. Pain has been present now for 3 months no acute injury. I am still able to tolerate with NSaids at this point.

Comment from: bugonia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I have almost constant pain in my right ankle, which has been ongoing for nearly 3 years now. I have seen an orthopedist who ran tests and determined I have bone cysts. I take regular pain medication (2 different types now). I was tested for RA, but it was determined that was negative. No one can seem to give me any answers or solutions. I was told these don't usually cause pain, but mine sure do. Wish I had better news for anyone out there suffering from something similar.

Comment from: lindsay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I am 47 years old and have been active my whole life. I was 3 miles into a run when the outside of my right foot and ankle started to hurt. I stopped running and limped home, barely able to put weight on my foot. It is three weeks later and there is swelling around the outside ankle bone and pain in different places around my foot, leg and ankle. I ice it as much as I can, but wrapping it causes severe pain.

Published: August 05

It has been one week of pain varying between moderate and severe. Regular - every 3 hours of extra strength Tylenol - kept the pain manageable and the swelling down.

Published: July 08

My ankle pain occurs suddenly on the right leg, the right side of the angle area. It causes me to limp when I put pressure on the foot, and it causes sharp pain that comes and goes.

Comment from: JP, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 25

I've had pain in my feet and ankle for quite awhile now. At first it only happened when I first wake up in the morning. I could barely walk without pain when I first get out of the bed. However as the morning went on the pain subsided. Now, the pain is there constantly. I also developed a bump on my Achilles tendon. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis while I was in the military. All they gave me were some inserts to relieve the pressure when I walk. Whenever I walk the pain is constant now. This has also causes me to gain weight because I can no longer exercise like I use to.

Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?