Patient Comments: Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: Shobhit, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

Once I slipped from a motorcycle and the vehicle pressed my right ankle upon falling. I had bearable pain for three to four days and did not care. After three to four months, the pain suddenly developed and lasted for 10 days. Still, no medical aid was taken. Now, almost two years later, I still have lots of pain. I get pain more in the evening and while standing.

Comment from: mistaylady88, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

An injury at work last October of 2007 that was diagnosed as a left ankle sprain now has me like a cripple. After physical therapy, the pain continued, although I needed to get back to my job in nursing. This injury has resulted in my being out of work since April of 2008 and in a cast for eight weeks. I continue to be in pain almost every day. No inflammatory medications have been prescribed to me for pain, but I started physical therapy again. The physical therapy person seems to be more concerned than my doctor, and I should not be in this much pain after all this time. I am about to approach a second opinion from another doctor.

Comment from: mhc, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have had pain in my ankle on and off for over 17 years after breaking my ankle in two places for the second time. Since then, I have horrible jabbing pain at times when I step on it. If the pain lasted very long, I couldn't stand. Cortisone shots help, but they are being needed too close together. I am overweight, which doesn't help. I use OTC ibuprofen and Tylenol. Occasionally, I'll take half of a Demerol.

Comment from: Kaisa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I've now had plantar fascia for more than six years. It started with a surgery I had to remove a cyst that was attached to my Achilles tendon. I went through months of painful physical therapy and had some relief. I am a very active person in the evenings (i.e. softball, hardcore cardio, strength training, conditioning, etc.). Every morning the pain in my ankle wakes me up but after several hours of excruciating pain, the symptoms subside after stretching my foot and leg. I recommend lots of ice, anti-inflammatories and ankle wraps.

Comment from: Shelleyam, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I'm 48 years old. I woke up one day in May, and my ankle hurt. My first thought was that I had a sprain that never healed. I went to the doctor and the MRI showed nothing. Now they say it's tendonitis. I am very active and can't stand this limping. Motrin doesn't help. Neither does bracing it.

Published: July 15

My ankle has been hurting for two months now, and the pain won't go away. I have been icing it constantly and taking Naproxen.

Published: June 19

About a month ago, I started to develop mild pain at the back side of my ankle. To my knowledge, I had not had any fall, nor had I sprained my ankle. Yet it's been more than a month now and the pain is still there. At times, it's moderate and I can't wear shoes, only sneakers. I finally went to the ER, and I was told that the tendon located at the backside of my right ankle was inflamed. It was wrapped up with a bandage and a shoe was given to me to wear whenever I'm walking. I was prescribed an NSAID for pain and inflammation. My advice to anyone out there who experiences ankle pain is to go to the doctor right away. It turns out this "injury" can become very serious if not taken care of by a doctor. When we think of how vital walking and standing is to daily living, one can't afford to wait and wait until the pain gets to be severe.

Published: June 13

I soaked my foot in hot water with Epsom salt. It eased the pain.

Published: June 13

Started out from riding my bicycle at 5 am daily, all a sudden I feel pain in both my left and right inner ankle bones, I've had this for a month with no end in sight. It affects my ankles, inner tendon of each ankle; both legs tendons both sides of shin bone shooting pains, sore heels.

Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?