Ankle Pain and Tendinitis Index
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within 24 hours) to severe (which can require surgical repair). Tendinitis of the ankle can be caused by trauma or inflammation.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
A broken toe is one of the most common fractures among individuals. There are many causes of a broken toe, whether it is the big...learn more »
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Rheumatoid arthritis vs. osteoarthritis
- What are causes and risk factors of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs? What does rheumatoid arthritis feel like?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are the stages of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis? What types of medications treat RA?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are tips for living with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What specialists treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What new information about RA has come from the 2015 national meeting of the American College of Rheumatology?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
There are several bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of ways. Falling from heights,...learn more »
In This Article
Broken Foot Article
- Broken foot facts
- What is the structure of the foot?
- What are the causes of a broken foot?
- Pictures of the bones in the foot
- What are the symptoms of a broken foot?
- When should I call the doctor for foot pain?
- How is a broken foot diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for a broken foot?
- What are the complications of a broken foot?
- Can a broken foot be prevented?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »
Heel spurs -- pointed, bony outgrowths of the heel -- are caused by localized soft-tissue inflammation and can be located at the...learn more »
In This Article
Heel Spurs Article
- Heel spurs facts
- What is a heel spur? What are heel spur symptoms?
- How do heel spurs relate to plantar fasciitis? What causes heel spurs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose heel spurs?
- What is the treatment for heel spurs? Are there any home remedies for heel spurs?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) of heel spurs?
- Is it possible to prevent heel spurs?