Patient Comments: Angina - Symptoms

What angina symptoms do you experience?

A Doctor's View on Angina Symptoms

Read the Comment by Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD

Angina symptoms in men and in women can manifest differently. Angina symptoms include chest pain or discomfort, sweating, shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness, and nausea. Pain in the arms, jaw, back, abdomen, shoulders, or neck may also occur. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: mika, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I feel all symptoms of angina; severe chest pain, stiff neck, shortness of breath, headache, numbness of half body including brain, loss of appetite, stomach ache, and getting tired easily.

Comment from: judi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

My first angina attack was thought to be a heart attack. I had all the symptoms, pain in left arm under arm pit, felt like a ton of bricks on my chest and pain up my neck and into my jaw. Then I rested for about 10 minutes and it all stopped. Blood pressure was high. I went into the hospital had a Lexiscan done. There were no clogged arteries, one very small vein had a little blockage but it wasn't totally blocked. I don't understand it all yet. Now they want me to take beta blockers, I'm not sure I want to take these yet. I want to know more first.

Comment from: Pwinters, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

When I go from rest to any activity including walking, I get pains all over the upper part of my body, more like pressure. I have 5 stents and two coils in my legs. I also lived through an abdominal aorta repair, a triple AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm). I spent 17 days in the ICU; just happy to be here. I am not too sure what time I have left, but now I'm going to gym all the time and eating better. Good luck to me!

Comment from: Diane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I have a history of a subarachnoid brain aneurysm bursting 10 years ago, then a larger aneurysm on my brain stem was found after a craniotomy, they couldn't clip the larger one. Since then, I have had 2 stents put in the basilar one. The initial one has many coils in it, and neither is looking odd at the moment. I am suffering from excruciating pain in my right arm, neck, back and chest. I have been to the emergency room, and then sent home. I have more scans scheduled but am concerned about these symptoms being angina.

Comment from: lllaro, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I have burning sensation when starting to walk, which lessens the more I walk.

Comment from: francis, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

I used to have some chest pain and a very little vomiting. I also produce a lot of gas through the mouth especially after eating.

Comment from: Nurslou, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

Tight numb cramping feelings chest back arms,neck,and jaw,lasted 15 min then tapered,slowly, this was after swimming a mile in pool

Comment from: AD, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 08

I am having all the symptoms mentioned in the articles discussing low blood pressure. I'm not sure which medications I should take to relieve this heaviness and my breathing problem.

Angina - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment do you undergo for angina?
Angina - Types Question: What type of angina do you have?
Angina - Causes Question: What's the underlying cause of your angina?
Angina - Diagnosis Question: What kinds of tests did you have to diagnose your angina?
Angina - Share Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with angina.
Angina - Prevention Question: What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting angina?
Angina - Surgery Experience Question: Please describe your experience with angioplasty and coronary artery bypass surgery.