Patient Comments: Anemia - Treatments

How was your anemia treated?

Comment from: Naturalremedy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I was suffering from anemia all my childhood. It came back heavily when I was pregnant. I took pills, iron, vitamins, and injections, nothing helped. I was told by a stranger to drink lots of fresh beetroot juice and sour red beetroot liquid. This is not the same as pickled beetroots. The fresh, raw slices of beetroots have to be put into a jar, with cold water, a few cloves of garlic and a piece of bread crust. The jar has to be covered but not closed. After a few days of fermentation, the water will turn red and should be ready to be used. Drink at least a glass of this liquid a day. This natural medication makes miracles. After a few days of drinking it, plus eating a lot of fresh vegetables you will be full of energy and your anemia will be gone. I have tried it many times, it saved me from severe anemia and its symptoms. Red beetroot has powerful ability to increase blood cells and cure various diseases connected with blood, also cancer. It's natural, powerful medication. Now I am like TIG(Trust in GOD)!

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been diagnosed with anemia on numerous occasions, always prescribed iron tablets, but it just returns.

Comment from: kimsue68, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

For most of my life I have had these symptoms: fatigue, shortness of breath, prickling in my fingertips, cold skin, mental fatigue, moodiness and my worst one--hair loss. I bought good iron pills from the health food store that have multiple support minerals for iron absorption, folic acid, B12, ferrous sulfate (as iron), vitamin C, and chlorophyll. I take one pill with a multivitamin and fish oil and I feel great. I sleep better, my hair and skin are better, I am more alert, and I have more endurance. Please--if anyone suffers from these symptoms, go to your doctor, get a diagnosis and get treated. The quality of your life improves immediately.

Comment from: maninder, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 23

I was diagnosed with anemia four years ago and take 1-2 iron pills per day. I also eat a couple of dried apricots everyday. Milk interferes with the absorption of iron, so I take my pills before I go to bed. Most days I am fine, but tend to up my iron intake just before and during my period.

Comment from: SnowGoddess, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I have been a vegetarian since I was 8 years old with no mention ever of anemia. Three years ago I was diagnosed with fibroids after bleeding for 20 days straight and having to go to the hospital. They blew me off and said I wasn't anemic, and not to worry. After my last physical, they told me I was profoundly anemic at a 4, bordering a blood transfusion! I am so active and healthy I couldn't believe this news, I didn't have the typical symptoms, other than the dark circles under my eyes. I read through all the postings and feel better knowing I can treat this. Spinach, kale, fresh beet juice, and prenatal pills will be part of my everyday routine until my next blood test! Wish me luck!

Comment from: cecyfeb12, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

About two weeks ago I got beating by a mosquito and developed this lump in my back. So I went to the doctor to have it checked. Good thing that I did, lately I have been feeling dizzy and felt tired, but did everything around the house. The result came back with hemoglobin of count of 9.9 very anemic and I didn't even know that I had such a disorder.

Comment from: VAR, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I had every symptom already named here and more for anemia. I am now on B12 injections at home as well as Procrit. I also go to the doctors office and get Nuepogen and Aranesp. I am beginning to think I may never be able to work again. My fatigue is beyond ridiculous and do not sleep at all, EVER without Ambien CR and Trazadone. This is not good.

Anemia - Symptoms Question: For anemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Anemia - Levels Question: What did you do to get your hemoglobin levels up?
Anemia - Diet Question: What dietary changes did you make after being diagnosed with anemia? Did the changes help your condition?