Patient Comments: Anaphylaxis - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with anaphylaxis?

Comment from: Gail, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

After being bitten by about 40 or so bees, I started feeling very hot and perspiring, couldn't even walk, my heart rate was too fast, I could feel the blood rushing through my body and had to make a bowel movement many times. Also could not talk at all. I was helped to the car, and closet Hospital was 20kms away. Temp low when I arrived and even lower 2 hours later. Was treated with injection, oxygen etc. I hope not. It was really awful.

Comment from: itchy58, 55-64 Female Published: February 04

I usually awaken early in the morning with nausea and stomach cramps.After maybe 20 minutes of this the palms of my hands and soles of my feet start to itch intensely.You cannot imagine how intense the itch is .I usually use my burber carpet and twist my feet as if I am doing "the twist" All the while scratching my palms. The itch will gradually spread to my sides ,back ,legs and all over.After scratching every area I scratch the hives will appear.I have gotten diahrea and my thorat feels odd like a heavy feeling and makes my speech slured. I most often take liquid benadryl as soon as my palms start to itch by then I know its my allergy.If I take the benadryl soon enough I don't get the heavy feeling in my throat.I thnk it is sesame seeds.

Comment from: ps, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

Scratchy throat which worsened to wheezing, watering eyes, aching teeth, diarrhea, then edema of eye lids.

Anaphylaxis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with anaphylaxis.
Anaphylaxis - Possible Causes Question: Do you know what caused your case of anaphylaxis? Please share your experience.
Anaphylaxis - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of anaphylaxis. Did you end up in the ER?
Anaphylaxis - Prevention Question: If you've experienced anaphylaxis, how do you prevent another occurrence? Do you have an EpiPen?