Patient Comments: Anaphylaxis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with anaphylaxis.

Comment from: ajs262, Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I get an anaphylaxis reaction to diet sugars. So far all but sucralose have affected me. I can feel my airway closing and have gone to the local emergency room with this reaction. Have you heard of anyone else ever having this type of experience?

Comment from: Roseann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I have anaphylactic reactions to anything with “caine” in it. My pulse and blood pressure dramatically decline. I begin to sweat profusely, and speech is impossible. I am paralyzed, unable to move. I can see. It's the worst feeling in the world, because I could be mistaken for dead right away. My reactions are so intense, that I cannot be tested anymore.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

Anaphylaxis is the most terrifying thing. I am filled with the conviction that I'm going to die - feelings of total panic. My BP gets very low, but I'm still semi conscious. I find that if people can talk to me when I'm "out" it helps tremendously. Most doctors and nurses do not do this.

Anaphylaxis - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis - Possible Causes Question: Do you know what caused your case of anaphylaxis? Please share your experience.
Anaphylaxis - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of anaphylaxis. Did you end up in the ER?
Anaphylaxis - Prevention Question: If you've experienced anaphylaxis, how do you prevent another occurrence? Do you have an EpiPen?