Patient Comments: Anal Fissure - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your anal fissure?

Comment from: sen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I had chronic constipation and anal fissure for two years after childbirth and taking stool softener was not working on me nor was taking constipation medication so one doctor prescribed me liver medicine{Livida} and my softened and now the fissure is improving.

Comment from: lube job, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I had surgery for hemorrhoids and numerous fissures in the early 90's. Following the surgery was the most miserable 12 days of screaming pain in my life. I had suffered with it for 40 years prior to surgery. After 12 days, the pain subsided. Then 3 years ago, the fissures returned. The only thing that consistently relieves the pain and enables them to heal is to take Xenical with every meal. It keeps the area well lubricated and prevents further tearing while allowing the fissures to heal. Trust me on this one, it works. I take it every day to prevent a recurrence.

Comment from: Jennifer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I have several anal fissures and am going to have a colonoscopy. I have taken the medication and having no reaction to the medicine other than nauseated and burping and no bowel movement other than pebble sized bowel movements about 10.

Anal Fissure - Diagnosis Question: How was your anal fissure diagnosed?
Anal Fissure - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of anal fissure?
Anal Fissure - Causes Question: Please discuss the cause of your anal fissure.