Patient Comments: Anal Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with anal cancer?

Comment from: byrdgurlfun, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have stage 4 anal cancer that has spread to the liver. I have been doing chemotherapy since October 2013, and did radiation. I have been given 6 months to maybe 1 year.

Comment from: Afamilyaffair, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I had bleeding from the rectum area as a sign of my anal cancer. I was at Stage 3 when I was diagnosed. It was a hard treatment but I made it through. I am having symtoms again so I will be going back to the doctor. I lost my insurance so I was unable to continue my care. I will now be going to a county hospital for care.

Comment from: Mystoryfornow, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I had a change in bowel movements for 6 months before I had it checked. Now looking into surgery as I have already had radiation for prostate cancer. Hoping that it has not spread to other areas as the choices narrow as the disease spreads.

Anal Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your anal cancer?
Anal Cancer - Experiences Question: Please share your experiences with anal cancer.